+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: very O/T: plant based food

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: very O/T: plant based food

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Thanks - will give it a go. I've made seitan/wheat meat before which was fun and a decent substitute, but quite a lot of faff.
    These are banging if you crisp them up nicely, they make fajitas, curries etc spot on

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    These are banging if you crisp them up nicely, they make fajitas, curries etc spot on
    On it. They sell it at Tescos which helps.

Its vegetarian rather than vegan tho (its got egg in it) but that doesn't bother me.

On it. They sell it at Tescos which helps.

Its vegetarian rather than vegan tho (its got egg in it) but that doesn't bother me.
    keep a eye on the reduced Veggie stuff ( my local big tesco's has a section for it ) the veggiebutcher isnt that well know so is often in the section reduced by a massive amount

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    keep a eye on the reduced Veggie stuff ( my local big tesco's has a section for it ) the veggiebutcher isnt that well know so is often in the section reduced by a massive amount
    Thanks. The burgers I had were reduced to about 60pfor the same reason- nobody seems to want this vegan stuff so it normally ends up I in the yellow sticker bin!

Thanks. The burgers I had were reduced to about 60pfor the same reason- nobody seems to want this vegan stuff so it normally ends up I in the yellow sticker bin!
    you did well to get Beyond burgers for that price

I like the Impossible meat, but its only USA based at the mo ( they were looking at selling it here before Covid, it never happened though )

I picked up a can of Vegan Tuna yesterday, which is going to be interesting