+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Life under Tan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Life under Tan

If Steve Mcphail hadnt been a Cardiff player and after Saturday's performance the answer was to bring in someone from the Irish League the boards would be in meltdown.

If we really are looking at ex players then someone like Gareth Ainsworth surely would be a better bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    If Steve Mcphail hadnt been a Cardiff player and after Saturday's performance the answer was to bring in someone from the Irish League the boards would be in meltdown.

If we really are looking at ex players then someone like Gareth Ainsworth surely would be a better bet.
    I'm not talking about a manager, I'm talking about a Director of Football, what qualifications does Ainsworth have for such a role? If someone wanted to recommend Ainsworth as a new manager, then fair enough based on the job he has done at Wycombe - we could do a lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm not talking about a manager, I'm talking about a Director of Football, what qualifications does Ainsworth have for such a role? If someone wanted to recommend Ainsworth as a new manager, then fair enough based on the job he has done at Wycombe - we could do a lot worse.
    I dont think we need a DOF. We just need a manager or coach with his own staff who can get us playing entertaining and hopefully winning football. That can still even be a direct style but not the tedious throw it up the line and try and win 2nd ball garbage.

NW is almost certainly going very soon. The priority is getting in a replacement with his own coaching staff.

I dont see what Steve Mcphail being in the backround as DOF would offer at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I dont think we need a DOF. We just need a manager or coach with his own staff who can get us playing entertaining and hopefully winning football. That can still even be a direct style but not the tedious throw it up the line and try and win 2nd ball garbage.

NW is almost certainly going very soon. The priority is getting in a replacement with his own coaching staff.

I dont see what Steve Mcphail being in the backround as DOF would offer at all.
    So you're happy with City's recruitment since the summer of 2017, the fact that our Academy does not provide first team footballers and that our current young player of the year has grey hair then?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So you're happy with City's recruitment since the summer of 2017, the fact that our Academy does not provide first team footballers and that our current young player of the year has grey hair then?
    No. But I dont see at all how recruiting someone from the Irish League solves anything.

The recruitment since 2017 is on the managers head.