Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
We should. But Morison's only purpose is to keep his job and if he thinks that'll be too much of a gamble with the squad he's had to put together under the constraints of a pretty poor budget then he'd need to be cold-blooded about it. There's no evidence he's building a team around Davies or Colwill or has ever had any intention, injuries or not.

As for clubs caring about home grown talent that support the club as well, I'm not convinced. I think it's the fans that get emotional about that but clubs just want results and to balance the books. We've just cobbled together another squad.

I love the lad and am always excited to see him play. More so than Colwill but both are more exciting than anyone else on the park in blue.
Good post. Another thing is whether Morison is the type of manager who likes to build a team around one player, some of them don't. It's more about the 'Group' and by god he does love that word. He comes across as the type of bloke who doesn't like an ego, even though he comes across like he has one from time to time.

Davies has something, that's obvious. He likes to get on the ball and run at players, his type make things happen, they get free kicks in good positions, worry defenders who then think twice about venturing forward and committing themselves. It's a natural trait in my opinion, and it should be harnessed and encouraged.