Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
Not so sure about different players, but yes, a new manager and different tactics would work wonders for him I reckon.

Some might see that as a thinly veiled criticism of our current set up but it isn't intended to be. It's nothing more than that old nugget where some players thrive at some clubs, under certain managers and with certain tactics, yet can look average (and worse) elsewhere. There aren't many players who are excellent at every club and under every manager they play under. Look at how many good players we've thought we've got over the years but have been shit for us, then done well elsewhere!!
Fair enough, it seems to be the general consensus on here amongst those who can see something special in Colwill.So, why not other players? Why aren't they being afforded this new formation tactical style in order for them to show us that they are better than they are? Etete, Wintle, Siopis, Bowler (Especially Bowler) Turnbull etc are routinely criticised and then some, They're not afforded the excuseof a new manager and tactics, coaching etc, But they're not Welsh and they didn't come through the system.

Ever heard the phrase' There's just something missing' Well that's how i feel about Colwill. There's just something not right about hi game and his physicality, and we could have another 20 managers and coaches and that wont change, He's the common denominator and we're now in the territory of excuses, which is something i really don't like.