+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are The Players Embarrassed?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Are The Players Embarrassed?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Is this what this is all about? It's another "they earn a tonne so they should do everything we demand" medley? If they're not putting the effort in then yes they need to look at themselves but some of our players just aren't up to scratch (for where we believe we should be). No shame in not being good enough; questions need to be asked of those who thought they would be.
    Fair enough, but some of this is pretty basic stuff for someone who has probably been coached professionally from the age of 8. I don't believe for one second that the majority of pur players don't have the ability to look up, play a pass or give an option, nothing fancy about that, or taxing for a pro footballer. The biggest problem, in my opinion, is that we play flat, our defenders and midfield don't break lines or follow passes, it's rigid, and that's why we look so poor in posession, because everyone is static. They're not encouraged to take risks.

Re: Are The Players Embarrassed?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Fair enough, but some of this is pretty basic stuff for someone who has probably been coached professionally from the age of 8. I don't believe for one second that the majority of pur players don't have the ability to look up, play a pass or give an option, nothing fancy about that, or taxing for a pro footballer. The biggest problem, in my opinion, is that we play flat, our defenders and midfield don't break lines or follow passes, it's rigid, and that's why we look so poor in posession, because everyone is static. They're not encouraged to take risks.
    Cos they're not good enough to do so (at this level)? A misplaced pass (which often seems likely) and we're up against quicker opponents in our own half. I'm just as irritated; we're a very frustrating watch at times and at the moment we seem to be two halves of different cars welded together what with all the kids coming through. Might they have had a different education to their older team-mates?