+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Oxford Vaccine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Oxford Vaccine

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I thought it was a recent article, that said as 98% of people will have mild or moderate symptoms ( regardless of vaccine status) why is Qatar insisting strict entry requirements for the World Cup , that seems pointless to me ?
    Fair enough. But you really ought to read it if you're going to post it. Really had me stumped.
    It's not for me to argue for or against Qatar's entry requirements, most countries have relaxed them. If I had to guess i'd say it's to protect the more vulnerable 2% in their society as best they can.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Fair enough. But you really ought to read it if you're going to post it. Really had me stumped.
    It's not for me to argue for or against Qatar's entry requirements, most countries have relaxed them. If I had to guess i'd say it's to protect the more vulnerable 2% in their society as best they can.
    I take your comments on board, and like you say to protect 2%. Don’t worry about the other 98% …….

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I take your comments on board, and like you say to protect 2%. Don’t worry about the other 98% …….
    Thanks for taking that on board.
    I'm not sure how we got from your outdated link to Qatar's entry policy. I'm certainly no expert on the country at all.
    Do you live there or are you just planning to visit for the World cup or a different occasion?
    From a UK point of view where i'm a citizen, the country has relaxed entry requirements, and the biggest reason for that is the vaccine rollout.
    I've had to google the population of Qatar. If we're thinking of the vulnerable as 2% that's 60k or about twice our stadium capacity so a significant number of people. Personally, I wouldn't criticise them for trying to protect them with a pretty minor entry requirement.
    Not sure where they are with the vaccine etc. or their plans to relax the entry requirement.