+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Boris Johnson wishes Wales "all the very best" in the Euros.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Boris Johnson wishes Wales "all the very best" in the Euros.

Man not interested in football not knowing who to wish good luck isn't that big a story.

Man responsible for Brexit answering a question about steel workers by saying Welsh farmers will have world open to them (ignoring the consequences coming) shows a massive lack of respect for both industries and Wales. That should be the bigger story.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Man not interested in football not knowing who to wish good luck isn't that big a story.

Man responsible for Brexit answering a question about steel workers by saying Welsh farmers will have world open to them (ignoring the consequences coming) shows a massive lack of respect for both industries and Wales. That should be the bigger story.
    That's pretty amazing - getting on to Brexit and UK/Wales issues so tenuously is admirable.

For some reason, the phrase "blithering idiot" springs to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    That's pretty amazing - getting on to Brexit and UK/Wales issues so tenuously is admirable.
    Please feel welcome to let me know how many times you see shared that Boris didn't wish Wales well (a story for the end of the news) and how many times you see the comment regarding steel and farming (a meaningful story) then let me know if my comment was unnecessary based on the meaningful story being reported more widely anyway.

If the more meaningful story is shared more widely I'll also have a laugh at my comment, but it's not going to be and you know that.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post

I agree about the reference to the Euros - he’s hardly likely to be a football fan with his background, it made me laugh more than feel annoyed.