+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Really absorbing game, maybe less so from a Sussex fans point of view. Durham is our next 4 day game, so I suppose a win is required if we have ambitions of top spot. Certainly looking very much in the mix for second place though.

Wonder if Yorkshire thought they'd be bottom of the pile at the T20 break. My heart bleeds for them !!
    On some county cricket forums I'm in glamorgan getting quite a bit of stick for not declaring earlier. After a 1st innings deficit of over 350?! I wasn't expecting glamorgan to be criticised for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    On some county cricket forums I'm in glamorgan getting quite a bit of stick for not declaring earlier. After a 1st innings deficit of over 350?! I wasn't expecting glamorgan to be criticised for that!
    I was switching on the stream every now and then yesterday and heard two conversations among commentators regarding a possible Glamorgan declaration - both times there was unanimity between them that there was no way that Glamorgan were going to declare (the second conversation was between a couple of Sussex supporting commentators).

There's an interview with Maynard on Twitter where he was asked by Nick Webb about a possible declaration and he said they would have considered it if Carlson and Labuschagne could have batted for longer - this might have enabled them to set Sussex something in about sixty five overs, but once Labuschagne was out, followed pretty quickly by Root, it became all about batting long enough to make the game safe.

From my own point of view, it took Sussex more than 200 overs and two days to bowl us out. The idea that we, with no decent spinner available, could have bowled Sussex out in, say, forty overs is laughable - the only way that may have happened was if Sussex agreed to keep on chasing the target come what may and they were never going to do that given that it meant they would have, effectively, been handing points to a promotion rival.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was switching on the stream every now and then yesterday and heard two conversations among commentators regarding a possible Glamorgan declaration - both times there was unanimity between them that there was no way that Glamorgan were going to declare (the second conversation was between a couple of Sussex supporting commentators).

There's an interview with Maynard on Twitter where he was asked by Nick Webb about a possible declaration and he said they would have considered it if Carlson and Labuschagne could have batted for longer - this might have enabled them to set Sussex something in about sixty five overs, but once Labuschagne was out, followed pretty quickly by Root, it became all about batting long enough to make the game safe.

From my own point of view, it took Sussex more than 200 overs and two days to bowl us out. The idea that we, with no decent spinner available, could have bowled Sussex out in, say, forty overs is laughable - the only way that may have happened was if Sussex agreed to keep on chasing the target come what may and they were never going to do that given that it meant they would have, effectively, been handing points to a promotion rival.
    Yeah as a glamorgan fan I had never even considered we may declare. Was a surprise to see some criticism from Sussex fans.

For me it's just a wonderful battle. I saw somewhere it's the biggest ever difference between a teams first innings score and their 2nd. That's unbelievable and will talked about nationwide for decades to come.

And Glamorgan’s three centurions int he 2nd innings (scoring a combined total of 453) only managed to score 11 runs between them in the 1st innings!