+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Transfer- the emiliano sala story- new 9 part podcast on bbc sounds

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Transfer- the emiliano sala story- new 9 part podcast on bbc sounds

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I understood it to be £15m (although a Euros figure) to be paid in three annual instalments - not £5m with another £10m based on 'add on' factors like appearances.

As others have said Emiliano Sala's registration had either been transferred to Cardiff or was still held by Nantes at the time of his death. That will be a matter of legal fact determined by CAS or a civil court. The insurers will be driving the legal process. If it is determined that Sala was a Cardiff player there will probably be series of new cases to follow - to claim compensation from those (or their insurers) who arranged the flight.
    Genuine question….. would the full fee still be payable if we went into admin ? I’m sure Derby had to pay out all remaining transfers fees in full regardless of administration

Re: Transfer- the emiliano sala story- new 9 part podcast on bbc sounds

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Genuine question….. would the full fee still be payable if we went into admin ? I’m sure Derby had to pay out all remaining transfers fees in full regardless of administration
    Administration is an option that no right thinking fan would wish on the club and I do not believe Vincent Tan would wish it either and would do everything to avoid it.

Remember as well that the club has already made provision in the accounts for over £21m should the Sala case be lost so it would impact on cash but not on profits and would be unlikely to cause a Profitability and Sustainability problem with EFL.

In answer to your question though, yes transfer fees would have to be paid in full as football rules require all football debts to be treated with "super priority" ahead of all other creditors and a club can`t come out of Administration with complying with that.