Thread: Uche Ikpeazu?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Uche Ikpeazu?

Leo Fortune West

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Leo Fortune West
    Yes but without the skill of Leo and not as many goals. Big centre forward type who is ok at league two level maybe league one at best but not good enough for the championship. One of Warnocks poor signings for Middlesbrough. Might just be ok if we were in league one next season. If that’s what we are looking at we are in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    Yes but without the skill of Leo and not as many goals. Big centre forward type who is ok at league two level maybe league one at best but not good enough for the championship. One of Warnocks poor signings for Middlesbrough. Might just be ok if we were in league one next season. If that’s what we are looking at we are in trouble.
    I bloody knew it. Warnock!. Boy are we in trouble if this is the case. Is his son his agent?

He battered Flint and Brown in October, not sure if that’s something to measure him off this year mind.

This would be like a Russell Slade era type signing like Alex Revell. Ikpeazu's scoring record isn't great and I don't think he improves on what we have already, would prefer the money got to a defender instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    He battered Flint and Brown in October, not sure if that’s something to measure him off this year mind.
    Flint actually coped OK with him considering how Ikpensu put himself about.
    Have a look at the BBC match updates and you’ll see how many free kicks Ikpensu gave away. He should have been sent off.
    Booked after38 minutes and then 6-7 fouls after.
    He gave McGuiness a really hard time though. Was a big lesson for him.

His finishing was poor though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Flint actually coped OK with him considering how Ikpensu put himself about.
    Have a look at the BBC match updates and you’ll see how many free kicks Ikpensu gave away. He should have been sent off.
    Booked after38 minutes and then 6-7 fouls after.
    He gave McGuiness a really hard time though. Was a big lesson for him.

His finishing was poor though.
    That was my main impression of his performance

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    That was my main impression of his performance
    In fairness, you do seem to believe the opposition should have at least one man sent off in pretty much every game City play (and you reckon City should be awarded at least one penalty, and most opposition goals should be disallowed), so that's hardly a reflection on Ikpeazu.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    In fairness, you do seem to believe the opposition should have at least one man sent off in pretty much every game City play (and you reckon City should be awarded at least one penalty, and most opposition goals should be disallowed), so that's hardly a reflection on Ikpeazu.

A reflection of the poor refereeing in the Championship I'd say

Quote Originally Posted by Shrewsbury Blue View Post
    A Warnock signing? ffs i bet his wages are on par with Harry Kane's