+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    They have been doing it to a degree by stealth for a couple of weeks.
    The test centres used to have people from all over the country coming to them but for the last 2 weeks no one from outside the test centre local area has been able to book at test.
    How can it be that you can enter a restricted area to go to work or to school but you cannot enter it to find out if you have a potentially fatal illness?
    Are you sure this is true. Exactly 2 weeks ago my wife had a test outside our lockdown area and was told that this is allowed.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Are you sure this is true. Exactly 2 weeks ago my wife had a test outside our lockdown area and was told that this is allowed.
    I know the number of tests being carried out has dropped dramatically, and that was ordered by the government 2 weeks ago. As an example Abercynon in that period hasn't seen 1 person from outside Wales or indeed from outside RCT. Which makes me ask 'Why are they not doing the other 600 odd tests a day they could be?'. What I said this is a fact. And who can book where is controlled by the government, not the test centres. There must be a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Due to the Government website only calculating distances to testing stations as the crow flies, people in North Somerset are offered Cardiff as their nearest Covid-testing station. My friend in WSM went for the 'next nearest' station in Taunton last Friday.