+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It's happening....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: It's happening....

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    If that's true, I can't help but feel we've been led down the garden path a little bit, and some people's sources are shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If that's true, I can't help but feel we've been led down the garden path a little bit, and some people's sources are shocking.
    Nah I'd be amazed if that's true, local journalists will have known far more about the story

It's the press and especially the local press that blew this story out of all proportion.

There's every chance that Bale had numerous offers on the table - I said a couple of days ago it would surprise me if that wasn't the case given his abilities and his profile. But we've got no idea how good any of those offers were or how good City's offer was. The latter could have been laughable for all we know, but the club itself and the player are never going to say as much.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It's the press and especially the local press that blew this story out of all proportion.

There's every chance that Bale had numerous offers on the table - I said a couple of days ago it would surprise me if that wasn't the case given his abilities and his profile. But we've got no idea how good any of those offers were or how good City's offer was. The latter could have been laughable for all we know, but the club itself and the player are never going to say as much.
    No but his agent and Bale's non denial fanned the flames. Oh well, it is what it is, hope he does well and is firing on all cylinders for the WC. LAFC need a good playoff run, though. Season ends on Oct 9th, and there's a lot of plastic pitches over there...

No but his agent and Bale's non denial fanned the flames.
    If it somehow transpires that a move to City was never under consideration, I'd agree that he should have said so. However, I've believed all along that it was a genuine possibility - although no more than that. And I've no doubt there would have been other genuine possibilities that we never even got to hear about.

If he could just log on here and apologise to us all. I'm sure that i could draw a line under the whole saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    If he could just log on here and apologise to us all. I'm sure that i could draw a line under the whole saga.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    If it somehow transpires that a move to City was never under consideration, I'd agree that he should have said so. However, I've believed all along that it was a genuine possibility - although no more than that. And I've no doubt there would have been other genuine possibilities that we never even got to hear about.
    Yes, and to be clear, if we were a genuine possibility, that's fine and he's made his choice.