+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Good luck selling season tickets after that display

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Good luck selling season tickets after that display

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I know you’re just trying to be the usual attention seeking and get a bite but after nearly 50 years of following Cardiff city that was one of the worst defeats I’ve witnessed in terms of the performance and against our biggest rivals so I think some “toy throwing” is very much entitled on here.
    I sat in my seat very disappointed and upset with the result at the end of the game but also disgusted with the attitude of some of our so called fans who had been shouting abuse at the manager and players for most of the second half and couldn't even be bothered to stay in the ground after 70 minutes. I would suggest that them (and you) take a look at the league table when Morison took over as full manager - we have got 31 points from 22 games since and back in November were in 20th place, three points above the bottom three. We are now 17 points above. That has been achieved with a number of inexperienced academy prospects, a couple of shrewd loans and basically the squad that was here at the beginning of the season and got us in to trouble in the first place. Those are not grounds for calling for the managers head and abuse. Anyone who does that needs to learn to ‘man up’ and take the defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I sat in my seat very disappointed and upset with the result at the end of the game but also disgusted with the attitude of some of our so called fans who had been shouting abuse at the manager and players for most of the second half and couldn't even be bothered to stay in the ground after 70 minutes. I would suggest that them (and you) take a look at the league table when Morison took over as full manager - we have got 31 points from 22 games since and back in November were in 20th place, three points above the bottom three. We are now 17 points above. That has been achieved with a number of inexperienced academy prospects, a couple of shrewd loans and basically the squad that was here at the beginning of the season and got us in to trouble in the first place. Those are not grounds for calling for the managers head and abuse. Anyone who does that needs to learn to ‘man up’ and take the defeat.
    perhaps the shouting was born out of frustration of the inept performance right in front of them. Why do you think fans should not be able to criticise and vent their anger? That's a rather odd position to adopt.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    perhaps the shouting was born out of frustration of the inept performance right in front of them. Why do you think fans should not be able to criticise and vent their anger? That's a rather odd position to adopt.
    As you probably well know, there is a big difference between criticising (or showing anger) and shouting vile personal abuse, particularly at young players or the manager. It could finish a young players career before it started. How you you feel if Steve Morison came up to you in the street and shouted vile abuse about you and your family straight in your face ?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I really don’t feel that progressing from downright awful to just awful is worthy of celebration.