+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: European Super League imminent?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: European Super League imminent?

Is there anybody who posts on here, that genuinely believed that this would never happen?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Is there anybody who posts on here, that genuinely believed that this would never happen?
    It may happen, but no, I don't think it will go ahead at present. They'll get more money and power and that will be a 'result' for them for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It may happen, but no, I don't think it will go ahead at present. They'll get more money and power and that will be a 'result' for them for the time being.
    This has clearly been meticulously planned by the money men at the top of the game.

They would have expected a backlash from the fans and from UEFA but clearly they've figured that they would be able to ride it out and that they are on solid enough ground legally.
    The only thing that can stop this now I think is if the response from UEFA and the reaction from the fans is a LOT stronger than they anticipated.
    The initial sounds out of UEFA are promising, but whether they will follow through with it remains to be seen.

I have little faith in the remaining football club owners, apparently some have already said thy liked the idea of playing without the big teams, and others will be all too easily enchanted by the carrot being dangled of the remaining 8 places in the league that aren't already accounted for.

I also doubt that any protest by the fans will be coherent or severe enough to have any effect, but I would be happy to be proven wrong.