+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Anyone else considering not going back?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Anyone else considering not going back?

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Hardly old is it, do that when you struggle to get out and about in my view, take up some more hobbies and get out at every opportunity even if its pissing down.
    Going down the City, is much more than 90 minutes of football, the build up beforehand, picking your starting 11, which you're convinced would easily win the game, the meet up with family and friends in the pub beforehand, the excitement of actually being there, the pub stop on the way back, catching up with old mates, dissecting the game, and talking about next Tuesday's or Saturday's team.
    I've had some great days at away games with some really good people, often interrupted by 90 minutes of tedium�� and I wouldn't have swapped that for anything!!
    It might be a while before were back down the City, but I can't wait.
    Well said. Particularly liked your bit about getting out, even if it's pissing down. The best medicine (for me)is getting out and feeling the elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Well said. Particularly liked your bit about getting out, even if it's pissing down. The best medicine (for me)is getting out and feeling the elements.
    Today is perfect for that then. It will swing both ways I think, some will say they’ve had enough, others will think I need to get out more (as they’ve been locked up for so long). As for west wales, it’s nice to visit but not to live in my opinion. After living in Cardiff, it’s too slow and boring and the weather is definitely worse I have a place there, have lived there, and could move tomorrow, it’s not for me, not yet anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Today is perfect for that then. It will swing both ways I think, some will say they’ve had enough, others will think I need to get out more (as they’ve been locked up for so long). As for west wales, it’s nice to visit but not to live in my opinion. After living in Cardiff, it’s too slow and boring and the weather is definitely worse I have a place there, have lived there, and could move tomorrow, it’s not for me, not yet anyway.
    Work on the house beckons today. sadly. I wouldn't fancy living in West Wales, it's quite deprived in a lot of ways. I'd get bored after a while. I love the coast and the countryside but need a City to keep me entertained. I'll say this quietly, i've always found west walians a bit odd, the ones i've met down here are as tight as cramp as well!

Stopping work through voluntary redundancy meant have the time (and money) to attend nearly all the home and away matches for several seasons on the trot. It was a way of life until lockdown. I hate to think how many miles I've clocked up over the years. Two things have changed that though. Lockdown and selling up the family home in Cardiff after 55 years. Nowhere to pop into before and (for many years) after a match travelling from and back to the Midlands. More recently I'd been stopping over due to parents illnesses. Now all that is gone. I certainly dont miss the travel, the long hours on coaches, driving, trains and tubes or the finding somewhere to park, walking (in the rain) to stadia.....for "90 minutes of tedium"! I do miss the banter, the "edge" at certain matches, the goal celebrations and those moments where the hair stands up on the back of your arm as the teams come out.....the anticipation and infrequent but ever-to-be-remembered moments. Those wins at home and away where you leave a match signing your head off on cloud 9. Might I add "draw" to that. Leeds. 3 nil down and we came back to draw. How there were no broken bones when the third went in, I don't know. Carnage.
    Will I stop going? No chance. CTID