+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Youngsters on Phones and stress and mental health issues?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Youngsters on Phones and stress and mental health issues?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Do you think the two are connected they never seem to get off them, it can't be good for them when do they switch off?

I fondly remember the days of leaving home with no mobile phone and saying I'll see you tonight, no contact from employers or anyone for 7 to 8 hours!
    I'd say unaffordable housing, wage stagnation, increasing of pension age and complete lack of action on climate change is affecting mental health more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    I'd say unaffordable housing, wage stagnation, increasing of pension age and complete lack of action on climate change is affecting mental health more than anything else.
    Most certainly, Although somebody very close to me works in schools around South Wales and for a few hours a week, speaks to Teenagers about an difficulties they may be having with Mental Health, amongst other things. This person said that it is mostly girls that attend these 1 on 1 informal chats and that Instagram, Facebook etc is quoted 90% of the time as a big contributory factor in poor mental health, image etc. I think that Demb's Post makes sense, although i completely agree with your initial reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Most certainly, Although somebody very close to me works in schools around South Wales and for a few hours a week, speaks to Teenagers about an difficulties they may be having with Mental Health, amongst other things. This person said that it is mostly girls that attend these 1 on 1 informal chats and that Instagram, Facebook etc is quoted 90% of the time as a big contributory factor in poor mental health, image etc. I think that Demb's Post makes sense, although i completely agree with your initial reasons
    Arguably ~16yr olds don’t really care about all that, I know I didn’t at that age. But now I’m in my mid twenties I couldn’t give a rats arse what someone looks like or says online. I’ve (hopefully) got 60 odd years left to live but as Doucas says housing, wages, standard of living, etc are all getting bleaker and bleaker each year

My 11 year old daughter is always complaining about unaffordable housing, wage stagnation, and increasing of pension age

International

Most of us have been through difficult times, with wages and inflation etc but I agree house prices have spiralled too far and to think you won't be able to afford to buy a house must be terrible!