+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can anybody explain...

Can anybody explain...

why there is a friendly this evening at CCS with a maximum capacity of 8,000 and a cricket match happening in the same city with a cap of 2,000 in capacity? Have I missed something.

Is Drakeford and his cronies actually talking to anybody? Is the guidance clear enough?

Is our club or Glamorgan CCC talking to the WAG?

Re: Can anybody explain...

Missed something in what sense?

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    why there is a friendly this evening at CCS with a maximum capacity of 8,000 and a cricket match happening in the same city with a cap of 2,000 in capacity? Have I missed something.

Is Drakeford and his cronies actually talking to anybody? Is the guidance clear enough?

Is our club or Glamorgan CCC talking to the WAG?
    I don't know, but would imagine it's a % of the capacity combined with the ability to maintain social distancing with the seat layout?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Missed something in what sense?
    Well one being a cricket ground with a larger pitch and less roofing having to restrict their crowd to a quarter of a tighter stadium with more indoor/covered areas?

Where are the Welsh sporting teams taking guidance from because they all seem to be interpreting it differently?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    I don't know, but would imagine it's a % of the capacity combined with the ability to maintain social distancing with the seat layout?
    I could see that line of thinking if the Jacks didn't manage to set a capacity of 8,200 with a ground with a third less capacity than ours.

Throw the WRU into the whole sorry mess with 8,000 or so in a 72,500 capacity stadium also.

I could see that line of thinking if the Jacks didn't manage to set a capacity of 8,200 with a ground with a third less capacity than ours.
    Also depends on what parts of the stadium each club has decided to open. I dont think tickets were on sale for the Grandstand, upper Ninian or the away end.
    I wouldn't lose too much sleep over the numbers.

Would the cricket get 2k anyway?

Would we even get 8k for a friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

They've made it so awkward to buy tickets, they'll be lucky to get 3000 down there

The cricket have sold out. I believe the crowd for the Hundred would have been well above that and possibly above what City would get in against Southampton.

Does anyone know how many times we've got over 8,000 for pre-season friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    They've made it so awkward to buy tickets, they'll be lucky to get 3000 down there
    On the subject of tickets - the tickets for Welsh Fire are only available via their app and include a Covid self-certification form. I'm not sure CCFC has ever used an app? It would be a great thing if they did and I'd be happy to ditch the season ticket for an e-ticket too. It would be a lot easier for the club to manage and they can update it on the fly.

The website design for ticket purchase is awful and the app is flakey too.

I've got to say, fab work with helping people sort their season ticket problems I've been reading about - It's a really kind thing to do and very public-spirited. All adds to a sense of community. Massive

The cricket have sold out. I believe the crowd for the Hundred would have been well above that and possibly above what City would get in against Southampton.
    Yes, they sold out within a day. There were Gold, Silver, and Bronze. Gold went in hours and Silver not long after that (I think the Bronze tickets were right at the top of the Foster's Stand where you need oxygen). I think you're right about the crowd for The Hundred likely to have been bigger but the tickets were sold last year when things were much tighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Yes, they sold out within a day. There were Gold, Silver, and Bronze. Gold went in hours and Silver not long after that (I think the Bronze tickets were right at the top of the Foster's Stand where you need oxygen). I think you're right about the crowd for The Hundred likely to have been bigger but the tickets were sold last year when things were much tighter.
    Surely they would have released more had they been able to?

Every other team has managed it.

Every other team though is in another country that has it's own rules.

You'd think, but I can't second guess any of this stuff anymore. I've lost complete track of time and I'd have to check the purchase dates but I may have even bought them before restrictions. I just can't remember - I'm still living in early 2019!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Every other team though is in another country that has it's own rules.
    Ours being what exactly?

That is where the problem lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    You'd think, but I can't second guess any of this stuff anymore. I've lost complete track of time and I'd have to check the purchase dates but I may have even bought them before restrictions. I just can't remember - I'm still living in early 2019!
    I remember getting the pre sale e-mail and I'm sure that was some time ago so you're probably right.

Ours being what exactly?

That is where the problem lies.
    A little bit of light reading for you about regulated events

https://gov.wales/creating-covid-aware-events-html

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Does anyone know how many times we've got over 8,000 for pre-season friendly?
    Not pre-season, but 40,000 for Moscow Dynamo - a good article here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54839305

“Can anybody explain” I thought it was referring to skateboarding at the Olympics ?
    The participants had to jump on a stair rail and jump off at the end. I see it almost everyday at the local parks ?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    “Can anybody explain” I thought it was referring to skateboarding at the Olympics ?
    The participants had to jump on a stair rail and jump off at the end. I see it almost everyday at the local parks ?
    I see people playing football at pontcanna fields on a Saturday, kicking the ball up and down, taking throw ins and corners and that. Can anybody explain why football is an Olympic sport?

It didn’t look like there was 8k there this evening, I haven’t seen a reported attendance yet

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I see people playing football at pontcanna fields on a Saturday, kicking the ball up and down, taking throw ins and corners and that. Can anybody explain why football is an Olympic sport?
    Bit of a stupid comparison.
    Teams are either very good or not.
    These skateboarders ALL slid down the rail. They were being judged on who had the better style. ?
    The Olympic events are becoming totally poor.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari_andretti View Post
    It didn’t look like there was 8k there this evening, I haven’t seen a reported attendance yet
    About 3500 ? No one said it was sold out did they ?