+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: MILLWALL 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: MILLWALL v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Harris has got to get us to win games from the word go. He's got to be brave or he is going to get sacked. If he doesn't take the bold option, he is just going to sleepwalk himself out of a job.
    Couldn't agree more. There's a fair bit of impetus when we attack and press, it does leave a bit of space in behind, but so what, we look like scoring when we show urgency and attack second balls etc. Sleepwalk himself out of a job, great analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Couldn't agree more. There's a fair bit of impetus when we attack and press, it does leave a bit of space in behind, but so what, we look like scoring when we show urgency and attack second balls etc. Sleepwalk himself out of a job, great analogy.
    We have only been ahead in 3 of the 12 games played so far. If you were looking for a positive every time we go ahead we stay that way I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    We have only been ahead in 3 of the 12 games played so far. If you were looking for a positive every time we go ahead we stay that way I suppose
    That's something i suppose. I can't work out what Harris is trying to do. At least with Warnock it was give up possession, defend on the 18 yard line and try and hit teams on the break. It was pretty shit for the most part, but we sort of knew what to expect. Harris starts slow, conservative, shape seems to be everything to him, he defends the middle of the park with his life, no penetration through the middle. Fullbacks and wingers it seems. Bacuna can press, and ralls, even pack can get involved in the final third, they're not brilliant, but certainly not shit at this level. When we decide to play a little higher players like Moore and Wilson become more effective and our wide players can become more narrow.

That's something i suppose. I can't work out what Harris is trying to do. At least with Warnock it was give up possession, defend on the 18 yard line and try and hit teams on the break. It was pretty shit for the most part, but we sort of knew what to expect. Harris starts slow, conservative, shape seems to be everything to him, he defends the middle of the park with his life, no penetration through the middle. Fullbacks and wingers it seems. Bacuna can press, and ralls, even pack can get involved in the final third, they're not brilliant, but certainly not shit at this level. When we decide to play a little higher players like Moore and Wilson become more effective and our wide players can become more narrow.
    I agree he is risk averse. I was clumsily trying to say that with a bit less caution in the first 20 we seem to have a record of looking after leads. But not with that formation. Harry Wilson needs to be in central left or right midfield positions not isolated on the wing.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I agree he is risk averse. I was clumsily trying to say that with a bit less caution in the first 20 we seem to have a record of looking after leads. But not with that formation. Harry Wilson needs to be in central left or right midfield positions not isolated on the wing.
    Wilson definitely needs to play central.

Wilson definitely needs to play central.
    Moore - Wilson - Ralls - Morrison - Smithies is the spine. Build the team around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Moore - Wilson - Ralls - Morrison - Smithies is the spine. Build the team around it.
    Smithies

Bacuna Morrison Benkovic Bennett

Ralls Pack

Ojo Wilson Murphy

Moore

I'd quite like to see that (JOT back in when fit obviously), Harris has been far too conservative so far this season. We have the talent to punish teams (as is evidenced by our regular onslaught in the last 20 or so minutes), he needs to take the shackles off or it'll cost him his job