+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: BBC Sounds

BBC Sounds

Utter shite.

I don't like it at all. It's quite difficult to get around, sometimes cuts out whilst listening to something, despite there being nothing wrong with the internet.

It often doesn't work on the Echo.

It doesn't automatically go to the next programme in the series to listen to for example, Feast of Football meaning I have to scroll right to the bottom to get to the latest episode.

I used to use iPlayer radio all the time and thought it was very good.

Re: BBC Sounds

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Utter shite.

I don't like it at all. It's quite difficult to get around, sometimes cuts out whilst listening to something, despite there being nothing wrong with the internet.

It doesn't automatically go to the next programme in the series to listen to for example, Feast of Football meaning I have to scroll right to the bottom to get to the latest episode.

It does seem to follow onto the next episode at times but then jumps back to previous ones. Not ideal, that's for sure.

The iPlayer radio app was much better.

Utter shite.

Totally agree its awful , why change from the excellent simplistic radio I player , too much meddling for my liking

Utter shite.

If you subscribe to a podcast there doesn't appear any way to set up an auto download or have I missed something?
    The format is really clunky too. There is some great stuff in the archive but good luck trying to find it

My IPad is too old to install it on - doesn't sound like I'm missing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    If you subscribe to a podcast there doesn't appear any way to set up an auto download or have I missed something?
    The format is really clunky too. There is some great stuff in the archive but good luck trying to find it
    Yeah, you can subscribe to it so it's there ready for you when you want it, but finding it is a bugger.

I've found that it often freezes when I'm scrolling down. I've got a pretty decent phone too - Samsung S9.

There is really good stuff on it though, as there was on iPlayer Radio. Something I really enjoy is 'The History Hour'.