+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    The timeline from January to March is even more damning
    I agree, but to be fair to Johnson, he was out of the loop for much of February because he was on holiday.

The most damning part of the article for me is the bit where it says there was a realisation in mid March that we were going to be worse than Italy and yet there was still hesitation about implementing the lockdown.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree, but to be fair to Johnson, he was out of the loop for much of February because he was on holiday.

The most damning part of the article for me is the bit where it says there was a realisation in mid March that we were going to be worse than Italy and yet there was still hesitation about implementing the lockdown.
    https://appeasement.org/

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    There is the opinion that Chamberlain’s actions very cleverly bought Britain a little bit of time to prepare a little bit for war instead of jumping in feet first totally unprepared. If Johnson jumped in anywhere feet first he’d probably land on his head.

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    There is the opinion that Chamberlain’s actions very cleverly bought Britain a little bit of time to prepare a little bit for war instead of jumping in feet first totally unprepared. If Johnson jumped in anywhere feet first he’d probably land on his head.
    Yeah it bought them lots of time, 1 year and34 days to be precise.

In 1940 he was still one of the war cabinet pushing for peace talks via Mussolini.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post

In 1940 he was still one of the war cabinet pushing for peace talks via Mussolini.
    At the time that he came back with "a piece of paper", it was widely celebrated in the UK. PMs don't have the vision of hindsight. Johnson possesses neither hindsight nor foresight.

International

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    At the time that he came back with "a piece of paper", it was widely celebrated in the UK. PMs don't have the vision of hindsight. Johnson possesses neither hindsight nor foresight.
    Actually it wasn't there werre widespread demonstrations about it at the time but the news was suppressed by "Chamberlains mauipulation of the BBC". nothing changes much does it?

Banned

Actually it wasn't there werre widespread demonstrations about it at the time but the news was suppressed by "Chamberlains mauipulation of the BBC". nothing changes much does it?
    I've never heard about that - do you have a link so that I can read more about it?

some military historians think that time was absolutely crucial to the UK. after he came back with his piece of paper he also immediately stepped up preparations in the army. had we ended up in war at that earlier time we would have fared a lot worse.
    unfortunately that gets lost as the narrative for how the war played out was set by the guy who came afterwards, to paint him in the best possible way.

As I said, a little bit of time, Chamberlain’s insistence in the late 1930s to manufacture Spitfires & Hurricanes, fighter planes rather than the type Churchill was championing was a major factor in winning the Battle of Britain.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

this graph is damning20200524_151032.jpg