+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Unhelpful Law Change

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Unhelpful Law Change

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    But this is what I’m getting at, unless we lose the ball after the inter passing we inevitably do whack it long, so if our defenders do keep possession after a few passes it’s only delaying the whack forward. Our midfield aren’t switched on enough to find pockets of space for the passing to move up the pitch. Robinson did come back looking for a chance to link up with the defence when he came on. Perhaps you can understand our less skilful players fighting shy of the possibility of being caught out by demanding the ball but players like Colwill, who some see as a ray of light, fights shy as well.

Were obviously missing Ramsey linking up between front and back and it seems we have no other player capable of the role, Colwill, for me, just lets the game pass him by, perhaps it’s because he looks permanently knackered. It’s a position that needs addressing in January because, at the moment, we’re stuck in a hole playing both systems. No midfield guile to find space in the passing system and a 6ft 4 pussycat of a centre forward if we play long ball. It seems, lately, that we’re a dream to play against, so easy to suss out.
    I just think it's about progress in terms of how we play. I'm all for it, but understand that others may not be enamoured by this new style of play. I get what you're saying, but i also think that (For the right reasons) that you're being a little defeatist. I'm of the opinion that it's about getting into good habits, and those good habits have to start somewhere, they have to be given a chance to succeed. There will be problems along the way, as there is right now, but i don't think that we should just stop because it isn't working. As time goes by players should get better at it, new players will arrive. If it means that mistakes are made in the sort term then so be it. Managers and coaches need time, and as long as i can see some sort of progress, which i can overall this season, then i'm prepared to stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I just think it's about progress in terms of how we play. I'm all for it, but understand that others may not be enamoured by this new style of play. I get what you're saying, but i also think that (For the right reasons) that you're being a little defeatist. I'm of the opinion that it's about getting into good habits, and those good habits have to start somewhere, they have to be given a chance to succeed. There will be problems along the way, as there is right now, but i don't think that we should just stop because it isn't working. As time goes by players should get better at it, new players will arrive. If it means that mistakes are made in the sort term then so be it. Managers and coaches need time, and as long as i can see some sort of progress, which i can overall this season, then i'm prepared to stick with it.
    Agree entirely. Cardiff City have been synonymous with anti-football for more than a decade, which in the long-term has got us nowhere.

It might not be working particularly well at the moment but we have to stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Advocaat View Post
    Agree entirely. Cardiff City have been synonymous with anti-football for more than a decade, which in the long-term has got us nowhere.

It might not be working particularly well at the moment but we have to stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It’s so frustrating though for us fans and, no doubt, our management/coaching staff. Obviously the system is worked on through the week in training but it’s evident that it isn’t being carried out on match days. The coaching staff must hammer home to the players that the ball must move up the pitch and not just back and forth sideways until it’s lost (which is what usually happens), if it’s a hair tearing out situation for us what’s it like for them? But, football is a game of ‘mixing things up’ and throwing something else in is advisable. Our opposition lately have been schooled prior to playing us because we’re so predictable. It’s a similar throw back to our ‘long throw’ years when the game would stop while our big guns trundled up for Vaulks/Pack’s/Legg’s launch. It’s not a long ball whack upfield that fans are craving, it’s a bit of variation. You can audibly hear the groans every time we get a goal kick, we were even having throw ins 10/15 yards in Brum’s half last night and the ball was finding it’s way back to Goutas or McGuinness twenty yards back in our half. Our midfield (and forward) players just don’t make space for themselves, they’re so bloody rigid. Nobody takes a chance, nobody anticipates, our players react so slowly...........am I ranting?