+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It is stupidity but....... government in this country is by consent and it seems that as the vaccine rolls out the level of consent to the restraints is reducing, in some places quite rapidly. It will be a conundrum for the politician, keeping the public on side but still doing the right long term thing.
    I'm glad it's their problem and not mine.
    i) at least one knife found, reports of 30 fighting and throwing glass bottles at each other, massive amounts of rubbish left despite there being empty bins.

ii) rejection of covid rules due to sunshine, fatigue and potentially other factors.

Think it's a lot easier to be sympathetic if all the crowds were doing was drinking and having a good time but less so with everything else going on. For some it's a rejection of any rules/standards of behaviour rather than just covid ones.

International

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    i) at least one knife found, reports of 30 fighting and throwing glass bottles at each other, massive amounts of rubbish left despite there being empty bins.

ii) rejection of covid rules due to sunshine, fatigue and potentially other factors.

Think it's a lot easier to be sympathetic if all the crowds were doing was drinking and having a good time but less so with everything else going on. For some it's a rejection of any rules/standards of behaviour rather than just covid ones.
    I agree but sometimes the apparent rejection of all rules is like the pendulum. It swings one way then it swing back the other. The average person is fed up with the lockdowns and the laws and rules, and although they understand deep down they are necessary they still want their freedom of movement and life so they will push back, and the more that the numbers come down the more they will push.
    The knife thing is something that is always there with some strata of society and I don't believe it has anything directly to do with the pandemic

I agree but sometimes the apparent rejection of all rules is like the pendulum. It swings one way then it swing back the other. The average person is fed up with the lockdowns and the laws and rules, and although they understand deep down they are necessary they still want their freedom of movement and life so they will push back, and the more that the numbers come down the more they will push.
    The knife thing is something that is always there with some strata of society and I don't believe it has anything directly to do with the pandemic
    Unfortunately knife crime is on the rise in Cardiff, I guess they are copying the London gangs. There already is a particularly violent gang from the south of the city. They need to come down hard on carrying one because plenty are already are and it’s inevitable what will end up occurring.

Considering young people, ie under 30, haven't had any social mixing, going out, pubs, clubs, parties for over a year, and the 1st couple of days of Easter hols are bathed in sunshine, plus they're practically immune to the virus, then something like this is not really surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Considering young people, ie under 30, haven't had any social mixing, going out, pubs, clubs, parties for over a year, and the 1st couple of days of Easter hols are bathed in sunshine, plus they're practically immune to the virus, then something like this is not really surprising.
    I agree, as someone who thought the first lockdown would fall apart after about a fortnight, I've been surprised by how well observed they've been by young people.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree, as someone who thought the first lockdown would fall apart after about a fortnight, I've been surprised by how well observed they've been by young people.
    Agreed. Though there still seems to be a perception that young people are selfish, they've given up a lot over the past year to protect older generations from this virus and will be the ones who'll have to pick up the pieces from the economic fallout