+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Punk ? Just a great rock band

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Punk ? Just a great rock band

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Wiggy View Post
    People think of the Stranglers and Ian Dury/Blockheads as punk. Neither of them were musically but they had a punk ethos and were undoubtedly a part of that scene.
    I think punk was just a name

Some of the heavy riffing by the stranglers , undertones , pistols .....bodies for example, as the song starts , stiff little fingers etc were straight out of the rock 🤘 locker

Killing Joke were popular with the punks late on the scene but a lot of heavy rocks fans like myself loved Killing Joke

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I think punk was just a name

Some of the heavy riffing by the stranglers , undertones , pistols .....bodies for example, as the song starts , stiff little fingers etc were straight out of the rock �� locker

Killing Joke were popular with the punks late on the scene but a lot of heavy rocks fans like myself loved Killing Joke
    Some people have said that the New York Dolls were the first punk band but you could go back as far as Syd Barrett and early Who/Stooges.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Wiggy View Post
    Some people have said that the New York Dolls were the first punk band but you could go back as far as Syd Barrett and early Who/Stooges.
    I'd say you can go back further than that - this is a punk record as far as I'm concerned;-

Punk is an attitude I think, but whatever it is and whether the bands referred to above were punk or not, they were like a breath of fresh air in the mid to late seventies - the world had heard more than enough from pompous prog rock bands by then.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'd say you can go back further than that - this is a punk record as far as I'm concerned;-

Punk is an attitude I think, but whatever it is and whether the bands referred to above were punk or not, they were like a breath of fresh air in the mid to late seventies - the world had heard more than enough from pompous prog rock bands by then.
    Bought that when released I think it was 1965, no one knew what it was about, but great to dance to.