Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn! View Post
That's pretty unfair mate.

I'm not going to defend his personal life as it does some pretty chaotic and he obviously has many issues, but in a football capacity he get's way too much stick form Welsh people.

64 caps for Wales, more than Chris Coleman for example and many of the Welsh cult hero players. Didn't play friendlies, who cares? I've seen this board clamour for Kieffer Moore not to be played in Wales games to give him a rest, how times have changed. Do we slate Rambo for only playing a handful of Wales games recently?

In games his output for Wales was on par with his performances for Man Utd, so you can't throw the 'he didn't care' stick at him either.

As a manger, he qualified for a major tournament at the first attempt while blooding numerous youngsters and giving the likes of Kieffer Moore, James Lawrence etc their chance at international level.

From my point of view his biggest 'football' crime was playing for Man Utd during a very successful period. Lots of Welsh people support Liverpool or have a very strange hatred of Man Utd in the 90's, and dislike him just for that reason. Pretty pathetic. As a City fan, I couldn't give a toss about who he played for considering that for the majority of that era, we were at the lower end of the football league, Man Utd was not really on my radar.

He has pissed on his chips royally though, and he has wasted a huge opportunity to lead his country on the world stage. I don't think he can continue to be Wales manager and I think he should resign. But don't forget, this is his team, he got us here, you have to give him credit for that.
I agree with everything you say, especially the bit about how people don’t want Keiffer Moore to play for Wales when there’s an international break.

I was really surprised by how widespread the vitriol aimed st Giggs was when he came on in that Manchester United game in 2013. It used to annoy me that he was never available to play in friendly games, but, if, as is generally accepted, Alex Ferguson was responsible for Giggs’ non availability, what do you think would have happened to Giggs if he had insisted on playing in those matches?