+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Stuff like why they waited so long really makes you wonder about how much they love imposing control over our lives, it begs belief they had flights just coming in with no restrictions….Drakeford obv loves the control too and throws messages of doom out there every few weeks, helped by the ineptitude of the Westminster clowns of course.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think this highlights the issue with politicians "following the science" rather than accurately anticipating what's going to happen next and acting accordingly, at least in situations where once the data is showing something happening it's already too late.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I think this highlights the issue with politicians "following the science" rather than accurately anticipating what's going to happen next and acting accordingly, at least in situations where once the data is showing something happening it's already too late.
    Science means knowledge and science is used to project multiple scenarios in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Science means knowledge and science is used to project multiple scenarios in advance.
    In which case I feel there are several times where politicians have ignored "the science" and focused on the "follow" part of the phrase. Some things which could/should have been anticipated weren't - it's very unpopular to take action unless data to back you up, at times anticipatory moves were made (Portugal travel restrictions during Gamma Variant) and were criticised - and action only being taken after clear data had come to light even if that meant action only much after it was needed.

Too many inconsistencies to produce a catch-all statement but I feel "follow" has had emphasis during spread of Alpha and Delta Variant - though I accept that may be outcome bias as "follow" or "the science" may have been used throughout and those two are where it went wrong.