+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Elephant In The Room

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Elephant In The Room

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    WOW.... You could pick a fight in an empty room. Just for you, here you go:

I dont have a racist bone in my body, the fact that you cast that sort of aspersion disgusts me.

My post was about my opinion, inviting the opinion of others on Taking A Knee Continuing, NOT RACISM CONTINUING, but that didn't fit in with your agenda.
    You said the point's been made and it's time to move on from the taking the knee, I asked you what's changed to make you think it's time to move on

Re: The Elephant In The Room

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You said the point's been made and it's time to move on from the taking the knee, I asked you what's changed to make you think it's time to move on
    Time for both of us to be adult on this and agree to disagree, from this thread and those that have contributed it would seem that I'm in the minority in thinking it should stop, but that of course isn't necessarily a true reflection of generic opinion.

What is disappointing is those that want to slate others, including me for having a different opinion. I think we are all in unison on wanting racism to stop, but my opinion is that taking a knee has shown the support, care and empathy that every one has for anti racism and BLM but what I don't believe is taking a knee on an on going basis will fix, or have any influence on racism continuing.

I also understand that others have the opposite opinion. Maybe others contributing to this thread (if any) could give their opinion on why it should or shouldn't continue without turning this in to a 'mud slinging' and therefore respecting differing opinions. I was guilty and naive of not outlining my thoughts behind my comments in my original post.