+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Songs Of Praise

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Songs Of Praise

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    650million people in Africa are Christians, hardly a Tory stronghold
    And do you think that the reason they are Christians is that they chose Christianity or because it was brought to them when the continent was taken over by missionaries , who spread the word of Christianity ?

Why do you think that on the whole the North and North East of Africa is Islamic ?

Its all cobblers to me however its clear that the tory party and its followers attend church in their droves which is odd given the tory parties slant on welfare , immigration etc

If there is a god and he's kind , caring and all loving I can't see him being a tory

Anyway I am off to listen to Black Sabbath , talk to Satan and practice the dark arts

If God loves us all I will be let in and won't have to go to church after all

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    And do you think that the reason they are Christians is that they chose Christianity or because it was brought to them when the continent was taken over by missionaries , who spread the word of Christianity ?

Why do you think that on the whole the North and North East of Africa is Islamic ?

Its all cobblers to me however its clear that the tory party and its followers attend church in their droves which is odd given the tory parties slant on welfare , immigration etc

If there is a god and he's kind , caring and all loving I can't see him being a tory

Anyway I am off to listen to Black Sabbath , talk to Satan and practice the dark arts

If God loves us all I will be let in and won't have to go to church after all
    I give you a fact about the number of Christians in Africa and straightaway you dismiss it. Of course missionaries told them of Christianity, how else would they know about it?

A few facts...science is progressive. What you think is fact based now may change...ie the sun moves around the earth, later the earth circles the sun, later the earth doesn't exactly circle the sun it's more ecliptical.

Fact...I bloke I knew very well who ran an intensive care unit. He told me that within a day or so of seeing a patient he could determine whether they would, with care, recover or not. He based everything on facts, blood oxygen, electrolytes, microbiology, weight, age etc.....all facts. Sometimes he said that he came across patients where all the science said they should be dead. But they weren't and they recovered. He had no rational answer for this. I don't know if he was a Christian or not, we never discussed it.

This bloke was one of the most intelligent people I had ever met. He was a clinical physiologist. He lived on facts.

Ricky Gervais sums it up well for me.

"If you took every book and record of every religion and destroyed it, 1000 years from now, those religions would NEVER return as the same. Ever. There might be religions, but they would be different.

"If you took every book and text about science and destroyed it, 1000 years from now, they would ALL be back. Exactly the same with the exact same information."

Religion is a man made control tool, fear is a really good motivator.

This has been a good debate but no one (on either side) has come up with anything different than what has gone before.

Personally I think we'd move on as a human race if we eradicated religion from the face of the earth, that's my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I give you a fact about the number of Christians in Africa and straightaway you dismiss it. Of course missionaries told them of Christianity, how else would they know about it?

A few facts...science is progressive. What you think is fact based now may change...ie the sun moves around the earth, later the earth circles the sun, later the earth doesn't exactly circle the sun it's more ecliptical.

Fact...I bloke I knew very well who ran an intensive care unit. He told me that within a day or so of seeing a patient he could determine whether they would, with care, recover or not. He based everything on facts, blood oxygen, electrolytes, microbiology, weight, age etc.....all facts. Sometimes he said that he came across patients where all the science said they should be dead. But they weren't and they recovered. He had no rational answer for this. I don't know if he was a Christian or not, we never discussed it.

This bloke was one of the most intelligent people I had ever met. He was a clinical physiologist. He lived on facts.
    Isn’t that the point with science, you observe and adjust based on what you see. Rather than just stick with what somebody else has previously written down? It moves on.