+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Best footballer you have played with or against

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Best footballer you have played with or against

I used to work with the great Ivor Allchurch and often we have a kick about in our lunch break,other footballers i have played with
    Robbie James Russell Coughlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    I used to work with the great Ivor Allchurch and often we have a kick about in our lunch break,other footballers i have played with
    Robbie James Russell Coughlin.
    I worked with Russell's daughter, Max from our Carlisle office. Taken early. She told a couple of good stories about Chris Coleman!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I worked with Russell's daughter, Max from our Carlisle office. Taken early. She told a couple of good stories about Chris Coleman!
    Russell was a great lad who liked a drink.Robbie was also a good guy i went to the same school as them.
    I didnt go often lol hence my grammer.

Russell was a great lad who liked a drink.Robbie was also a good guy i went to the same school as them.
    I didnt go often lol hence my grammer.
    Met Robbie James a couple of times. One of his first Wales games was Czechoslovakia away 1982 ? and we had a couple of drinks with him and Alan Curtis the day before the game because he thought me and my mate were from Brynmill rather than lodged by The Rhyddings. Second time he was in a club south of Reading when he was with QPR and off on a Wales tour to Canada the next day. Both times he was great and humble company.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Met Robbie James a couple of times. One of his first Wales games was Czechoslovakia away 1082 ? and we had a couple of drinks with him and Alan Curtis the day before the game because he thought me and my mate were from Brynmill rather than lodged by The Rhyddings. Second time he was in a club south of Reading when he was with QPR and off on a Wales tour to Canada the next day. Both times he was great and humble company.
    Robbie got himself into alot of bother with the women in his younger days, but as you say very down to earth lad who never forgot he was from the hill.

Robbie got himself into alot of bother with the women in his younger days, but as you say very down to earth lad who never forgot he was from the hill.
    That would fit. He was coming on hard to a mate's girlfriend and pissing him off in the process at Sindlesham Mill. He worked for Air Canada baggage handling and swore blind that he sent Robbie's baggage to Vancouver rather than the rest of the team to Toronto the next day in revenge. Not sure how true that is but it's a good story!