+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Ukraine Losses (Allegedly)

Re: Ukraine Losses (Allegedly)

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    You quote the Wiki entry. This is what it said about the breadth of the Russian invasion.

Russian air strikes and a ground invasion were launched along a northern front from Belarus towards Kyiv, a north-eastern front towards Kharkiv, a southern front from Crimea, and a south-eastern front from the Donbas.

The only reason Russian troops are not currently patrolling the streets of Kyiv, Odessa and Lviv is that the Ukranian Army repulsed the thrust to Kviv sent the Russians back into Belarus from whence they came and first halted then reversed Russian advances elsewhere.

Crimea has been in Russian hands since they took it by force for almost a decade.

Hope that has been awesome for you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia...ion_of_Ukraine

I’m sorry to disagree but what you have quoted hardly consists of a full scale invasion, more so when I know of three friends who have been visiting Ukraine for various reasons since 2011. They have never said to me that they felt uncomfortable or under threat during this time. One had a long time girlfriend and was back and forth. He even brought over a French Bulldog as they were cheap compared to the UK.
    Flights to and from Ukraine were common and actually fairly expensive as it was deemed a popular place to go for stag do’s

What’s strange is that NATO has had a significant presence within the country yet prior to a year ago most UK news outlets looked upon Ukraine in a negative light.

With regards to official data Ukraine's leaders say they don’t see a major U.S. intelligence leak as gravely damaging future offensives. A key reason: They have long held back on sharing their most sensitive operational information, doubting Washington's ability to keep their secrets safe, so we may never know the full extent of losses etc (on both sides)for many years to come.

Hopefully the conflict will be resolved sooner rather than later.

Hope that helps.

https://www.britannica.com/news/2204...55d0f52f9cac2d

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    [B]I’m sorry to disagree but what you have quoted hardly consists of a full scale invasion, more so when I know of three friends who have been visiting Ukraine for various reasons since 2011. [B]They have never said to me that they felt uncomfortable or under threat during this time. One had a long time girlfriend and was back and forth. He even brought over a French Bulldog as they were cheap compared to the UK.
    Flights to and from Ukraine were common and actually fairly expensive as it was deemed a popular place to go for stag do’s

What’s strange is that NATO has had a significant presence within the country yet prior to a year ago most UK news outlets looked upon Ukraine in a negative light.

With regards to official data Ukraine's leaders say they don’t see a major U.S. intelligence leak as gravely damaging future offensives. A key reason: They have long held back on sharing their most sensitive operational information, doubting Washington's ability to keep their secrets safe, so we may never know the full extent of losses etc (on both sides)for many years to come.

Hopefully the conflict will be resolved sooner rather than later.

Hope that helps.

https://www.britannica.com/news/2204...55d0f52f9cac2d
    It was probably Putin's intention to invade and fully control the whole of the Ukraine but Russia's incursion was halted by the Ukranians.
    I'm not sure if Cyril intimated that most of the population in Ukraine felt extremely threatened before 2022 (and I visited a few places there myself, although not in the Donbass/Crimea areas). As for the playing down of the leaked intelligence, that was always going to happen and was highly predicatable. The fact is that the US will be playing a large part behind the scenes, just as they aided the UK in the Falklands War and despite posing as relatively neutral in that conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It was probably Putin's intention to invade and fully control the whole of the Ukraine but Russia's incursion was halted by the Ukranians.
    I'm not sure if Cyril intimated that most of the population in Ukraine felt extremely threatened before 2022 (and I visited a few places there myself, although not in the Donbass/Crimea areas). As for the playing down of the leaked intelligence, that was always going to happen and was highly predicatable. The fact is that the US will be playing a large part behind the scenes, just as they aided the UK in the Falklands War and despite posing as relatively neutral in that conflict.
    It was a rather strange response that had little to do with the fact that the Russians launched a major assault a year ago aimed at seizing the capital and taking control of the levers of power of an independent sovereign state.

A year earlier my original schedule to watch Wales in the delayed Euros was a Ukraine Air stop over in Kyiv en-route to Baku before covid put the kybosh on that. The idea that people never felt uncomfortable or under threat commuting after the invasion I thought he was talking about is laughable. Presumably the 8m Ukranians who fled the country after the invasion weren't doing so because they found a lucrative means of exporting French Bulldogs.

Since the Russians were kicked out north of Kyiv and elsewhere, the invasion force is still threatening the whole of Ukraine. Their rockets have sought to destroy vital energy and water supply infrastructure as far west as Lviv, causing civilian casualties in their wake.

Still TWGL1's mates had a few good nights way before all this started so any suggestion that this was an invasion aimed at control of the whole of Ukraine is obviously nonsense!

It was a rather strange response that had little to do with the fact that the Russians launched a major assault a year ago aimed at seizing the capital and taking control of the levers of power of an independent sovereign state.

A year earlier my original schedule to watch Wales in the delayed Euros was a Ukraine Air stop over in Kyiv en-route to Baku before covid put the kybosh on that. The idea that people never felt uncomfortable or under threat commuting after the invasion I thought he was talking about is laughable. Presumably the 8m Ukranians who fled the country after the invasion weren't doing so because they found a lucrative means of exporting French Bulldogs.

Since the Russians were kicked out north of Kyiv and elsewhere, the invasion force is still threatening the whole of Ukraine. Their rockets have sought to destroy vital energy and water supply infrastructure as far west as Lviv, causing civilian casualties in their wake.

Still TWGL1's mates had a few good nights way before all this started so any suggestion that this was an invasion aimed at control of the whole of Ukraine is obviously nonsense!
    I see you have totally bypassed the main points as it doesn’t fit your mainstream agenda does it , you’re hilarious at times. What are you going to do with yourself when this agenda pivots, which it will, wet the bed

I see you have totally bypassed the main points as it doesn’t fit your mainstream agenda does it , you’re hilarious at times. What are you going to do with yourself when this agenda pivots, which it will, wet the bed
    What are the main points so the bemused of this thread are clear?

I think Putin wanted to occupy all of Ukraine but only to install a different govt to act as a buffer against the west. A bit like Belarus. He probably would have wanted to (and still wants to) absorb parts of eastern Ukraine into Russia, which there is a linguistic reasoning for if nothing else.

God knows what will happen now. Real stalemate situation but that can't last forever

What are the main points so the bemused of this thread are clear?
    It’s been obvious for a while that every post you contribute to displays a conformation bias , therefore , you’re wasting mine (and your own) time. It’s pointless debating with you.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I think Putin wanted to occupy all of Ukraine but only to install a different govt to act as a buffer against the west. A bit like Belarus. He probably would have wanted to (and still wants to) absorb parts of eastern Ukraine into Russia, which there is a linguistic reasoning for if nothing else.

God knows what will happen now. Real stalemate situation but that can't last forever
    A lot of Ukranians whose first language is Russian and who lived in what are now cities destroyed by the Russians won't necessaily appreciate the concept of 'linguistic reasoning'.

A lot of Ukranians whose first language is Russian and who lived in what are now cities destroyed by the Russians won't necessaily appreciate the concept of 'linguistic reasoning'.
    Of course not. The entire war is entirely unjustifiable on every level. However, I thought we were considering Putin's actions and reasoning? In which case, it is a fact that much of eastern Ukraine is Russian speaking and the protection of said population is a reasoning that Putin would use. I don't think he would ever have sought to occupy the entirety of Ukraine

It’s been obvious for a while that every post you contribute to displays a conformation bias , therefore , you’re wasting mine (and your own) time. It’s pointless debating with you.
    I guess we have reached the point in the thread where anyone wanting to know what you think the non-confirmation bias main points are needs to send you a pm to find out!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Of course not. The entire war is entirely unjustifiable on every level. However, I thought we were considering Putin's actions and reasoning? In which case, it is a fact that much of eastern Ukraine is Russian speaking and the protection of said population is a reasoning that Putin would use. I don't think he would ever have sought to occupy the entirety of Ukraine
    I don't agree. Putin sees Belarus, Ukraine and Russia as an historic entity built on the history of shared Rus culture. Kyiv/Kiev is predominantly a Ukranian-speaking city but was regarded as the cultural capital of that entity way before Moscow came to prominence.

I don't agree. Putin sees Belarus, Ukraine and Russia as an historic entity built on the history of shared Rus culture. Kyiv/Kiev is predominantly a Ukranian-speaking city but was regarded as the cultural capital of that entity way before Moscow came to prominence.
    And I'm sure that he would not have wanted a pro-western rump of Western Ukraine between Russian-occupied Ukraine and Transnistria.

Not everyone has lost through the Ukraine war:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...od-price-surge

Hedge funds have emerged as some of the biggest winners from the global food price spike that followed Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, with the world’s 10 biggest hedge funds alone making profits estimated at nearly $2bn.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Hedge funds have emerged as some of the biggest winners from the global food price spike that followed Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, with the world’s 10 biggest hedge funds alone making profits estimated at nearly $2bn.
    Those bastards always win.

In case you didn't notice, the past 3 years has seen a huge transfer of wealth upwards, and they haven't even finished yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    In case you didn't notice, the past 3 years has seen a huge transfer of wealth upwards, and they haven't even finished yet!
    this

whilst the CBDC will save us useless eaters !

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    this

whilst the CBDC will save us useless eaters !
    The gutting of the middle classes, but I did not care because I wasn't middle class

Yes I i noticed. I expect most active posters on this board noticed. The Old World Order is enriching itself at an exponential rate.

https://www.oxfam.org/en/press-relea...past-two-years

Meanwhile some people have a mission to distract us from that fact with culture wars, woke angst and dumb conspiracy theories!

Yes I i noticed. I expect most active posters on this board noticed. The Old World Order is enriching itself at an exponential rate.
    Some people call it a great reset of sorts.

George Carlin nails it here

Some people - some on here - call something 'a great reset of sorts', but not that.

There is no reset about the continuing economic and political exploitation of the majority of humanity for the benefit of a small minority. That is business as usual!

The Great Reset proponents - in amongst their extreme and usually alt right fantasies - are taking aim at the opponents of exploiters, at attempts to end pollution and climate catastrophe, at moves to improve health and knowledge. They are mainly the useful idiots who enable the super rich and create the noise and chaff that allows them to do their worst without a spotlight on them. Not that they need that much help on top of the mass and fantasist media, corrupt politics, and inherited power.

Some people - some on here - call something 'a great reset of sorts', but not that.

There is no reset about the continuing economic and political exploitation of the majority of humanity for the benefit of a small minority. That is business as usual!

The Great Reset proponents - in amongst their extreme and usually alt right fantasies - are taking aim at the opponents of exploiters, at attempts to end pollution and climate catastrophe, at moves to improve health and knowledge. They are mainly the useful idiots who enable the super rich and create the noise and chaff that allows them to do their worst without a spotlight on them. Not that they need that much help on top of the mass and fantasist media, corrupt politics, and inherited power.
    Well let's see what happens with digital ID, CBDC, 15 minute cities, and forever vaccines.

Agenda’s slowly changing….. drip,drip,drip

Ukraine faces corruption investigation by Pentagon Inspector General over aid distribution

https://www.rebelnews.com/ukraine_fa...d_distribution

Agenda’s slowly changing….. drip,drip,drip

Ukraine faces corruption investigation by Pentagon Inspector General over aid distribution

https://www.rebelnews.com/ukraine_fa...d_distribution
    Old news. Meanwhile these Pentagon leaks suggest US intelligence claims Ukraine is losing 5 times as many soldiers as Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Old news. Meanwhile these Pentagon leaks suggest US intelligence claims Ukraine is losing 5 times as many soldiers as Russia.
    That sounds incredible. You don't have a link to support that do you?