+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Unilateral Tan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Unilateral Tan

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Seriously, this is my club, not his.
    Not strictly true, is it? Tan owns the club, the fans are just a customers, as he was keen to point out on numerous occasions during the rebrand era.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Not strictly true, is it? Tan owns the club, the fans are just a customers, as he was keen to point out on numerous occasions during the rebrand era.
    No fans , no club.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    No fans , no club.
    I appreciate that and so does Tan, but he couldn't really care less about what the fans think. Surely the rebrand saga taught you that?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I appreciate that and so does Tan, but he couldn't really care less about what the fans think. Surely the rebrand saga taught you that?
    Hardly any owners care what the fans think. Do you believe Clemo , Rick Wright or Sam Hammam really cared what we think?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Hardly any owners care what the fans think. Do you believe Clemo , Rick Wright or Sam Hammam really cared what we think?
    Clemo definitely did, but he was simply way out of his depth in all respects. Rick Wright I'm not so sure about, although he did seem to enjoy the adulation he got during his first couple of seasons. Hammam certainly did, as evidenced by the fact that he used to spend so much time with supporters and used to positively revel in his public appearances. He also used to get very upset by criticism from the fans to the point where he even published articles in the programme attacking certain individual supporters. Getting his ego massaged by the fans was one of his main motivations for being involved in football. Tan is a different animal altogether. That much has been blatantly obvious almost from the word go.