+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Unilateral Tan

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Unilateral Tan

Vincent Tan keeps, or rather kept the club afloat, and for that I am grateful, but let’s not ignore the fact that an absolute shitload of money has been wasted and continues to be wasted under his stewardship because he is not taking the right advice.

I’m not saying he should consult fans on managerial appointments or player transfers but he sure as hell needs a sporting director or structure in place so that he starts getting better value for the millions he’s putting in.

Tan, Choo and Dalman know **** all about football and they are still being led by agents or chancers like Warnock. They are not new to the game anymore, surely by now they can see for the long term success of this club the current structure does not work.

He can’t let go of the Acorn signing nearly 8 years ago but we’ve wasted that ten fold since Malky left and Tan and the three amigos took charge of transfers.

Club is a basket case.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Vincent Tan keeps, or rather kept the club afloat, and for that I am grateful, but let’s not ignore the fact that an absolute shitload of money has been wasted and continues to be wasted under his stewardship because he is not taking the right advice.

I’m not saying he should consult fans on managerial appointments or player transfers but he sure as hell needs a sporting director or structure in place so that he starts getting better value for the millions he’s putting in.

Tan, Choo and Dalman know **** all about football and they are still being led by agents or chancers like Warnock. They are not new to the game anymore, surely by now they can see for the long term success of this club the current structure does not work.

He can’t let go of the Acorn signing nearly 8 years ago but we’ve wasted that ten fold since Malky left and Tan and the three amigos took charge of transfers.

Club is a basket case.
    100%

Club is a basket case.
    Tan's now been in football for ten'ish years across three clubs and in two continents. He should know more than feck all about the sport, but if he still doesn't he's surrounded himself with the wrong people.

Who knows what Dalman and Choo do behind the scenes? There has been such little communication from the board over past number of years that managers are left to fill the gaps but, when they have spoken in the past, Choo comes across well and Dalman comes across as a bit slimy.

We need more structure at the club, as you have said.

Club is a basket case.
    Yup, 100% from me too. Excellent summary. To get into the PL twice within 5 years only to be relegated on each occasion is a footballing and financial travesty. It took 52 (?) odd years to get back into the top tier. I really don't understand the club management structure at all.

Club is a basket case.
    Wholeheartedly agree, there’s a gulf from board from to footballing decisions. We need Tan to be advised by a Sporting Director. Not a Car salesman and a slimy investment banker.

We need a sustainable future not short term rash decisions, which are masqueraded as ‘sensible appointments’

Quote Originally Posted by horse_face View Post
    Wholeheartedly agree, there’s a gulf from board from to footballing decisions. We need Tan to be advised by a Sporting Director. Not a Car salesman and a slimy investment banker.

We need a sustainable future not short term rash decisions, which are masqueraded as ‘sensible appointments’
    The jacks have had Alan Curtis for years keeping things stable and ticking over

Club is a basket case.
    I agree with this....sure he might have the funds, but he blows them in ways unimaginable and then blames whoever, managers, agents bla bla but never his CEO....so clueless. Look at the jacks, they actually sell more managers than they sack....Make huge profits on players transfers and have youth coming through.....meanwhile Tan continues on his fruitless mission listening to all the wrong people and no doubt wondering where it all goes wrong.....I used to dream of us having a wealthy owner 30 years ago instead of Tony Clemo, but I’m not sure what’s worse.....

Club is a basket case.
    If they consulted the fans through the Trust, I'm sure this is one of the points they would bring up.

"The club needs to have an expert in charge of the overall direction we need to go in "

He COULD tell them to go **** themselves but anyone who is open to what their "customers" want would at least bear that in mind.

I'm just sick of this guy doing whatever he wants and then expecting us fans to swallow the whole #CITYASONE bullshit.

Meanwhile, we might have a football club that is in better financial shape but we are going to spend decades watching a merry go round of dinosaurs and journeymen go through the club. We'll become Ipswich or Hull ..... because the club is poorly managed.