+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

The Under 18s take on top of the table Millwall at Leckwith today, kick off midday.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The Under 18s take on top of the table Millwall at Leckwith today, kick off midday.
    A 3-2 loss I see, good that Mayembe is back though. If we can beat Bournemouth on Tuesday then we'll play Millwall at home again in the next round of the FA Youth Cup.

Where did Sang play on Monday, where do you think his best position is? The Carlisle cup-tie was frustrating for me. With Sang on the bench I was intending to talk quite loudly about him to my sons so that everyone nearby would be impressed by my knowledge. I realised that I haven't actually seen him play yet but that didn't bother me, I was just going to repeat all the things you'd written about him, it would have the same effect. Then I noticed you were sitting behind me and I thought better of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    A 3-2 loss I see, good that Mayembe is back though. If we can beat Bournemouth on Tuesday then we'll play Millwall at home again in the next round of the FA Youth Cup.

Where did Sang play on Monday, where do you think his best position is? The Carlisle cup-tie was frustrating for me. With Sang on the bench I was intending to talk quite loudly about him to my sons so that everyone nearby would be impressed by my knowledge. I realised that I haven't actually seen him play yet but that didn't bother me, I was just going to repeat all the things you'd written about him, it would have the same effect. Then I noticed you were sitting behind me and I thought better of it.
    Were you? I must have been too engrossed in the game to have noticed. Sang was the one who got forward more in a central l midfield pairing with Sam Bowen on Monday, but I'm still not sure of his best position because I've seen him play in a deeper central role as well as all along the left hand side of the pitch. He looks an accomplished footballer, but I was a little surprised to see him selected in the first team squad - although I would say that he has been more impressive than some of the other older Under 23 team players who have been brought in over the past two years or so.

Millwall beat us 3-0 at their place earlier in the season and were worth more than a 3-2 win yesterday. They'd probably be too strong for us if we met them again in the Youth Cup - here are my thoughts on yesterday's match;-

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/