+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Question:------ Ain't there one player amongst all these, who in your opinion can play right back. ??
    I don't think there is anyone in our Academy scholars/Development squad who could come into the first team and play right back to the required standard at the moment. Taylor Jones, who scored last night, and Ben Margetson have been playing right back for the Development side this season, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the club see them more as centre halves rather than full backs if they make the step up to the seniors. Jack Walls, who has played for Liverpool under 23s, has had a trial with City and played at right back in the couple of games he was involved in, but I don't know if anything came of the trial in terms of us wanting to take him on permanently.

Re: The Bluebirds Academy and DVP thread...

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don't think there is anyone in our Academy scholars/Development squad who could come into the first team and play right back to the required standard at the moment. Taylor Jones, who scored last night, and Ben Margetson have been playing right back for the Development side this season, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the club see them more as centre halves rather than full backs if they make the step up to the seniors. Jack Walls, who has played for Liverpool under 23s, has had a trial with City and played at right back in the couple of games he was involved in, but I don't know if anything came of the trial in terms of us wanting to take him on permanently.

Jack Walls went back to Liverpool