Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
We played excellent football until it looked like promotion was on the cards, then Warnock reverted to type and had us grind out results. The third in the 3-1 win over Leeds was a lovely passing move
And that was fine in the end as he got us to that hallowed promotion. But then should have been ruthlessly dumped. I'll only remember him for getting us relegated and negating the promotion. But worse than that, not having any clue whatsoever as to how to manage a team in the Premier League - even after all his years of football - which has moved on at the higher levels, whilst he has stayed still. He was awful as a PL manager.

Even though I loathe the PL I understand that as a club we should have done everything possible to stay there (having learned lessons from the first promotion). We didn't. We were too much in awe of Warnock at CCFC. Staying up was vital. I fear it'll be a long time before we get the chance again.

I loved that Leeds match though. Haven't seen football like that at City since then.