+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I don't know. One minute you are forced into supermarkets within a 5 mile radius to buy their mass produced meat rather than from the artisanal butchers of Brecon and the next you are railing against being deprived of the middle of Lidl for a fortnight..... No pleasing some folk!
    A little story...my missus not that well, very painful muscular condition that really needs a cortisone injection to sort it, but you can't give injections talking to the GP on zoom.
    So I get some analgesics for her and some anti-inflammatory cream from the pharmacy in the local supermarket, and I think whilst there I'll get her a bunch of flowers because she's in pain and feeling low. Cant buy them in the supermarket. non essential item...how stupid.

Three miles away there is a petrol station where I believe I can buy some......I won't tell you if I did because you'll somehow link it to Brecon.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    A little story...my missus not that well, very painful muscular condition that really needs a cortisone injection to sort it, but you can't give injections talking to the GP on zoom.
    So I get some analgesics for her and some anti-inflammatory cream from the pharmacy in the local supermarket, and I think whilst there I'll get her a bunch of flowers because she's in pain and feeling low. Cant buy them in the supermarket. non essential item...how stupid.

Three miles away there is a petrol station where I believe I can buy some......I won't tell you if I did because you'll somehow link it to Brecon.
    Here's a little story. My Mum, severe stroke. Been through three hospitals and into a care home since I last saw her in March. Able to have a half hour fleeting visit sitting outside whilst she sat in the foyer in early September before Caerphilly County was locked down again. Hopefully some time in the future if this works I will get to see her alive again. Send her flowers every now and then via Interflora. Feeling your pain!

I'm very sorry to hear that your wife isn't well but in no world are flowers are an essential item and if you're planning on driving 3 miles to a petrol station just to get some because you couldn't get any from the supermarket then you're a huge part of the problem

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm very sorry to hear that your wife isn't well but in no world are flowers are an essential item and if you're planning on driving 3 miles to a petrol station just to get some because you couldn't get any from the supermarket then you're a huge part of the problem
    Absolutely. Much easier to pop to the nearest graveyard where there are loads for free.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I didn't, but I hope you take the point.

And by the way flowers can be a very essential item. There has been a lot of press about the mental health of people in this pandemic, and flowers can be as therapeutic for some people as medicine. It's all about recognition and caring.

I didn't, but I hope you take the point.

And by the way flowers can be a very essential item. There has been a lot of press about the mental health of people in this pandemic, and flowers can be as therapeutic for some people as medicine. It's all about recognition and caring.
    Indeed, but they can be delivered, often within a day's notice.

I enjoy a libation from time to time. During the first lockdown I ordered in a few supplies online simply to prevent me going out of the house to buy them. It was more expensive, sure, but it prevented me making relatively unnecessary trips out of the house. In fact, a mate of mine ordered a few ciders from a particular maker, so we ended up taking it in turns to order half a dozen bottles from a different place some weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

I enjoy a libation from time to time. During the first lockdown I ordered in a few supplies online simply to prevent me going out of the house to buy them. It was more expensive, sure, but it prevented me making relatively unnecessary trips out of the house. In fact, a mate of mine ordered a few ciders from a particular maker, so we ended up taking it in turns to order half a dozen bottles from a different place some weeks.
    I don't think they can be delivered currently because florists are closed in this lockdown

International

So then you met up to share out the bottles you took it in turns to buy on line so you didn't have to come into contact with people? Hmmmmmmm

With us all locked up, what's the uPdAtE on this "Track and Trace" malarkey ??

Is it working, or an expensive load of bollocks ?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    So then you met up to share out the bottles you took it in turns to buy on line so you didn't have to come into contact with people? Hmmmmmmm
    No we didnt. We made separate orders to each other and had video meetings. The other mate has chronic asthma and kept himself pretty well isolated until he went back to work in September.

International

No we didnt. We made separate orders to each other and had video meetings. The other mate has chronic asthma and kept himself pretty well isolated until he went back to work in September.
    Good man. I hope the cider helped him, even if it was his mental feelings if not his athsma. (I was only joking you know )