Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
Cheers for that. It's great that he's loving Belgium. I think from just a non-football point of view, it's great he's getting that life experience too.

Re. him not fitting into a Bulut team. Yeah. Agree. I think there are a few Championship clubs that he'd get first-team football with. Same for Colwill (I know he's getting it now but I still think there's been a lot of wasted years for both players with us). We don't seem to appreciate them as much as we should early on and by the time we do get them playing, it never feels right. I know I'm being subjective and I can't really back it up other than it's just a feeling.

Re. some of the other things going on in this thread (which is a really good discussion and very interesting - I'm learning a lot) this popped into my inbox as I was reading your answers and the rest of the poster's comments. It seems a far cry from Man City looking after players the way they do and must be a factor in decision-making. I may be getting the wrong end of the stick here but isn't this kind of like the George Best days or am I missing something?

https://newsletter.cardiffcityfc.co....hALi_-IvDMfp5A
I’ve not seen a huge amount of Davies, I really thought he was going to be the next big thing but then he had a few injuries I think and didn’t really push on.

Why could he not fit into the Grant role though under Bulut?