+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Vincent Tan - stick or twist?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Vincent Tan - stick or twist?

I can’t see there being much money available and we’ll be stuck with the likes of Flint and Pack on considerable wages ( and Vassells probably). It would be good if Danny Ward is kept but I can see him being released. I think it will be much the same again, maybe with Keifer Moore as the only money signing and then Sanderson on loan and maybe one other

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I can’t see there being much money available and we’ll be stuck with the likes of Flint and Pack on considerable wages ( and Vassells probably). It would be good if Danny Ward is kept but I can see him being released. I think it will be much the same again, maybe with Keifer Moore as the only money signing and then Sanderson on loan and maybe one other
    How can we arrange any new signings with a transfer ban still in place ?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    How can we arrange any new signings with a transfer ban still in place ?
    Is a transfer ban in place?

There has been no clarity on this from the EFL, the club or the media - but when we had a thread on this many months ago most posters assumed that the FIFA ban was deferred until the appeal had been heard. The fact that so many press reports (including local press) link us with players but don't mention a transfer ban suggests either that the reporters are clueless (ah....OK) or that there is a general understanding we are not currently operating under a ban.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Is a transfer ban in place?

There has been no clarity on this from the EFL, the club or the media - but when we had a thread on this many months ago most posters assumed that the FIFA ban was deferred until the appeal had been heard. The fact that so many press reports (including local press) link us with players but don't mention a transfer ban suggests either that the reporters are clueless (ah....OK) or that there is a general understanding we are not currently operating under a ban.
    Just to add to this. The transfer ban was attached to the FIFA ruling in December 2019. The club signed three players on loan in January 2020. We didn't make any permanent signings in the January window, but I would have thought any transfer ban would also have stopped loans in?

I'm hoping Warnock comes in for Flint, if only to get him off our wage bill.

I'm also hoping for a couple of better loan signings than Sanderson quality.

Have a feeling harris may go back to his old club for a signing or two, if the price is right

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I'm hoping Warnock comes in for Flint, if only to get him off our wage bill.

I'm also hoping for a couple of better loan signings than Sanderson quality.

Have a feeling harris may go back to his old club for a signing or two, if the price is right
    Middlesbrough won't have Flint back. They were glad to get rid of him to us

I think that actually reaching the play-offs will have impressed upon Tan that it's worth throwing a few quid at it next season..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I think that actually reaching the play-offs will have impressed upon Tan that it's worth throwing a few quid at it next season..
    I mean more so than if we had been mid table also rans, but if I was Tan I wouldn't be gambling a load of cash on promotion next year.
    We could easily spend 20 or 30 million and not go up. I tihnk he'll wait until we are a much safer bet and then push the boat out when theres a better chance of getting the money back

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I mean more so than if we had been mid table also rans, but if I was Tan I wouldn't be gambling a load of cash on promotion next year.
    We could easily spend 20 or 30 million and not go up. I tihnk he'll wait until we are a much safer bet and then push the boat out when theres a better chance of getting the money back
    Even standing still in this environment may put us ahead of some clubs who will be cutting costs because of covid.