Re: FT: ROTHERHAM 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    great win...those that scored won't be with us next season tho
    🤣🤣🤣 Where do u reckon Etete will be.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Just enjoy the night ffs
    Exactly

I've stayed away from this board for a month or two as it was so miserable and just thought I would drop back in and see the mood but same old characters looking for the lump of shit in a bucket of gold - fun sponges by definition

Just glad that some of this board aren't around me at games as it would ruin my match experience

Boo hoo boo hoo

Not done yet but either way I will be there next season as it is a belonging to my club that keeps me going - good bad or indifferent

Well done the boys tonight and well done to the fans who travelled - you more than most deserve to enjoy the journey home

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Great result

This season has been shocking

But on the lighter side of the news the jacks will be in misery
    Why would they?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Not quite job done yet. Heavy defeat at Burnley and warnock doing a job could yet send us down (sorry to everyone else for being "that guy") but I just don't want ANY possibility of us going down as we go into the last day.......
    Pearcey is a Reading fan and by "please do us favour" he means beat Huddersfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I’ve just spent 15 minutes studying all of the options and like you say there are still results that can go against us. Not losing against Colin will do it.
    Yep reading have to get 6 points (v wigan and Huddersfield). Huddersfield themselves have to get 6 points (v us and Shef u). Rotherham have to get 3 points (v Middlesbrough or wigan). Qpr have to get 3 points (v Stoke or Bristol City).

If all that does happen it comes down to goal difference between us and reading. We currently on top but say a 3 0 defeat at Burnley would probably send us down IF ALL of the above did happen........

Ps even wigan and blackpool can still stay up (but after tonight neither can catch us)......

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Exactly

I've stayed away from this board for a month or two as it was so miserable and just thought I would drop back in and see the mood but same old characters looking for the lump of shit in a bucket of gold - fun sponges by definition

Just glad that some of this board aren't around me at games as it would ruin my match experience

Boo hoo boo hoo

Not done yet but either way I will be there next season as it is a belonging to my club that keeps me going - good bad or indifferent

Well done the boys tonight and well done to the fans who travelled - you more than most deserve to enjoy the journey home

There'll be a few disappointed on here tonight that's for sure

Perry Ngs birthday as well, good assist from him to mark it

Yep reading have to get 6 points (v wigan and Huddersfield). Huddersfield themselves have to get 6 points (v us and Shef u). Rotherham have to get 3 points (v Middlesbrough or wigan). Qpr have to get 3 points (v Stoke or Bristol City).

If all that does happen it comes down to goal difference between us and reading. We currently on top but say a 3 0 defeat at Burnley would probably send us down IF ALL of the above did happen........

Ps even wigan and blackpool can still stay up (but after tonight neither can catch us)......
    The above is not happening. More chance of me
    winning the euro millions tomorrow.

We are safe. Just looking forward to putting a nail into Colin’s coffin on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The above is not happening. More chance of me
    winning the euro millions tomorrow.

We are safe. Just looking forward to putting a nail into Colin’s coffin on Sunday.
    I think whatever happens Sunday Huddersfield will beat Reading and that will keep them up.

Re: ROTHERHAM v CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    The one on Philogene was as clear a foul as you will see. Etete one also very obvious, he’s given us nothing.
    He gave us a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Just looking forward to putting a nail into Colin’s coffin on Sunday.
    This. Please.

Entertaining first half, terrible second half, but a great finish to win it. I just hope our lot put in a performance on Sunday. Two points from the last four home games has been a dismal return. Let's finish with a home win.

Couldn't help but notice how much it meant to Rallsy when that goal went in, grabbing the badge the lot. He loves the club and he's played like it the last month, he looks fit for the first time in a long time, hopefully he can carry the form into next season.

Great result, great goal to win it and great grit to get that result in a game that looked like it was heading for a draw.

BLUEBIRDS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Great result

This season has been shocking

But on the lighter side of the news the jacks will be in misery
    Cardiff have all but secured their place in the Championship next season and you're on here talking about Swansea fans..

..odd

Huddersfield have 3 games left

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Huddersfield have 3 games left
    They do. And one of them is against reading. Hence the results above are the only single combination that can still send us down.

What an away end, that was immense. What a rush. Absolute chaos at the end. It was bouncing.

Kipre has been a rock. Etete's best game. Kaba was really moved at the end, too. He loves it.

Oliver Langford is one of the worst referees I've ever seen. He is atrocious.

Need to build on this now.

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    i seem to remember a game away to gillingham on a thursday ?
    Nope. Once on a Monday, 4 times on a Tuesday, once on a Wednesday, once on a Friday and 15 times on a Saturday. Never on a Thursday or Sunday.

Absolutely over the moon. For the last few weeks I've been one of the miserable buggers on here who thought Div 1 inevitable. How wrong I was.
    The manager has evolved a game plan with the players he has and it's worked.
    He can now start planning for next season
    Well done City.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    I loved Kipre’s reaction to the praise for his goal. Nonchalant Gallic Shrug saying he used to be a Centre Forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    Why would they?
    They hate us

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    Cardiff have all but secured their place in the Championship next season and you're on here talking about Swansea fans..

..odd
    You have never lived in bandit country

Wickham did well for the winning goal as well. Set up Etete and won the header for the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Playing Thursday and Sunday is no different to playing Wednesday and Saturday. In fact, it gives the team an extra day to recover from last Saturday’s exertions (if they can be described as such).
    This might interest you. City's all-time win percentage in the next game after x days off.

0 40.6%
    1 38.5%
    2 36.8%
    3 38.6%
    4 39.6%
    5 33.5%
    6 37.3%
    7 26.8%

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    great win...those that scored won't be with us next season tho
    Etete is our player. Surprised you didn't know that.