+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If we appoint Michael Flynn

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: If we appoint Michael Flynn

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    No.

Id feel better about him if hed won a promotion somewhere or had a team known for great football or had a rep for bringing through some good young players.

Saving County from relegation and losing play L2 play offs (think Kenny Hibbitt achieved that) and using resources to sign 41 year olds doesnt make me think he should be near the job.

Hes the last person I want as manager on all those in the betting. I actually would prefer Sol Campbell to him.
    All of those giant killing acts count for nothing then?

To be fair, Flynn was a missed sitter and a bad refereeing decision away from winning that play off final. I'd be very disappointed if he was our next manager, but at the same time I don't understand a lot of the abuse he gets. What the **** has Sol Campbell ever achieved as a manager that would suggest he's a better choice than Flynn, for instance?

If the club is genuinely putting all their eggs in the youth basket - and, more out of necessity than anything, this looks to be the case - then Morison becomes the most viable option. He knows those players best and they already have a successful working relationship. I don't know much about Beale but if you're going to take that risk and go for youth, then I don't see any point in looking beyond Morison for now.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    To be fair, Flynn was a missed sitter and a bad refereeing decision away from winning that play off final. I'd be very disappointed if he was our next manager, but at the same time I don't understand a lot of the abuse he gets. What the **** has Sol Campbell ever achieved as a manager that would suggest he's a better choice than Flynn, for instance?

If the club is genuinely putting all their eggs in the youth basket - and, more out of necessity than anything, this looks to be the case - then Morison becomes the most viable option. He knows those players best and they already have a successful working relationship. I don't know much about Beale but if you're going to take that risk and go for youth, then I don't see any point in looking beyond Morison for now.
    What does that make Flynn unlucky not to be a league 1 manager? Still not enough

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post

Totally agree.