Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
Thanks. I agree with much of your post but the issue raised in my second sentence makes the point that any new manager would find it difficult to convert our bunch of hoofers into a team that can play in a less agricultural way.

Basically the club is in a mess and frankly the problems seem to go much deeper than appointing a new manager. There is such shortism in football that any incumbent would end up making the best of what he has inherited meaning the same old same old tactics would be used assuming a new manager is concerned about continuing in his job. Isn't that what McCarthy has done and Harris before him?

All I know is that the owner must be so frustrated at having sunk around £150m into the club which ended up with a team serving up utter garbage week in and week out.
If the owner isn't frustrated enough to look at his part in the club ending up where it has then he isn't as clever as many here seem to think he is.

With the money we have spent we should be in a much better position. We have ended up in the situation we have purely based on Tan's decisions. Firstly in the people he picks to be on his board and the people they then employ and the decisions that they make directly or oversee.

We could be in a much better position with the next managerial move and other tweaks but those decisions will be made by the same people who have seen us arrive at this position so you can see the issue with that.