+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales v Scotland 1985

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Wales v Scotland 1985

I was there, don’t recall much jip inside the ground and I wasn’t really aware of the passing of JS until I reached home. Much glee when Robbie JAmes scored then more penalty madness v Scotland. These are my recollections of the night. 39,000 inside the Old Lady by the way.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pontprennau Bluebird View Post
    I was there, don’t recall much jip inside the ground and I wasn’t really aware of the passing of JS until I reached home. Much glee when Robbie JAmes scored then more penalty madness v Scotland. These are my recollections of the night. 39,000 inside the Old Lady by the way.....
    Mark Hughes scored at the match I was at and it was at Ninian Park....old lady indeed, what a stupid name, we aren’t Juventus.

You are right, it was Hughes. Mixing it up with Yugoslavia 81.
    I’m also sure I’ve heard of NP described as the Old Lady but hey, 39,000 nevertheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontprennau Bluebird View Post
    Hughes got the goal