+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gerrard to Villa- big mistake

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Gerrard to Villa- big mistake

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    He's clearly done very well at Rangers. Regardless how small people believe the league to be, on the face of it he couldn't have done hell of a lot more.

A risk for Villa but I wouldn't write him off. I'd certainly take him here
    What about his record in Europe to go with it ? Last season Rangers were taken apart and given a football lesson by a Czech team in front of their own fans at Ibrox. He didn’t have the players or know -how to do anything about it. I don’t think he’s ready for it just yet .

Re: Gerrard to Villa- big mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    What about his record in Europe to go with it ? Last season Rangers were taken apart and given a football lesson by a Czech team in front of their own fans at Ibrox. He didn’t have the players or know -how to do anything about it. I don’t think he’s ready for it just yet .
    Villa fans can't have have very high expectations. I think that a top 6 finish over a 3 or 4 year period is the best they could hope for. He needs to go there if he really wants to prove himself. What's the point in him hanging about at Rangers when he's probably taken them as far as he can. Has he taken the job yet? If not, he'd be a fool not to. If he fails, he's got atleast another 7 cracks at the whip anyway.