+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tommy Doyle deal - CONFIRMED

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tommy Doyle deal - CONFIRMED

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    To me, the element of concern is that he failed to make any sort of a mark at Hamburg in Bundesliga 2.

He joined them on 31/08/21 and was an unused sub for all of their games in September. He finally came off the bench on 01/10/21 for the last few minutes of their 1-1 draw with Erzegbirge, and later in the month he scored within two minutes of coming on in a 2-1 victory over Paderborn. However, from that point onwards he was mostly just an unused sub again. He didn't make a single league start for a side where Robert Glatzel is top scorer.

It'll be really interesting to see how he gets on as he clearly has ability and City are crying out for a decent midfielder, but the first half of this season in Germany has to be a concern.
    My concern is the physicality of the championship. He will not have experienced anything like the intensity on a physical level that the championship presents.

Re: Tommy Doyle deal - CONFIRMED

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    My concern is the physicality of the championship. He will not have experienced anything like the intensity on a physical level that the championship presents.
    I think he’ll be alright. He spent 10 years training with Man City’s youth set up and has played about 40 times for England from U16 to U21. He's spent his entire life training with English teams and players. He’s at a better advantage than some Brazilian starlet from Rio.