+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who would have Warnock back?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Who would have Warnock back?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I still back Harris.

Completely pointless saying get Eddie Howe as he wouldnt come. Hed want money. His next job is a big one. Its hard to see this squad going up.

We will be in real financial difficulty next summer and will probably if anything be selling not buying.

Howe wont want any part of us.

Harris though has to make big improvements on last night. The majority of the game we were shocking.

If performances like last night continue then he will be under pressure. If this keeps up then December maybe look at alternatives. Pearson maybe.

I think Harris will turn this around though.

I think its clear hes made an error in not getting another right back in. We should address that by looking at the free agents.

Its not just for the full back position but to get Ralls and Bacuna together in the middle and have either Wilson Tomlin or Ojo as the 10.
    Neil Harris said after last night's match that Osei-Tutu will be out for four to six weeks and that Wilson's injury is not too serious, he may have to miss Saturday but should be alright after that.

I agree that we should have got an out of contract right back in, it could still be done, but a lot of the more realistic targets have found clubs now.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Neil Harris said after last night's match that Osei-Tutu will be out for four to six weeks and that Wilson's injury is not too serious, he may have to miss Saturday but should be alright after that.

I agree that we should have got an out of contract right back in, it could still be done, but a lot of the more realistic targets have found clubs now.
    Oh for a Chris Gunter NOW !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Oh for a Chris Gunter NOW !!!!!!!
    Definitely should have signed him. Adam matthews also signed for Charlton on a 1 year deal too.

Especially Gunter he could have covered left back too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Definitely should have signed him. Adam matthews also signed for Charlton on a 1 year deal too.

Especially Gunter he could have covered left back too.
    I'm glad we didn't sign Gunter.
    He's been average at best in this division for years.
    He's now into his 30s, probably on a largish wage and would have been looking for a 2 year contract which I wouldn't have been happy about.
    We needed to bring some younger players in desperately.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm glad we didn't sign Gunter.
    He's been average at best in this division for years.
    He's now into his 30s, probably on a largish wage and would have been looking for a 2 year contract which I wouldn't have been happy about.
    We needed to bring some YOUNGER PLAYERS in desperately.

Good luck with that !!!

We needed experienced cover desperately, not some young inexperienced whippersnapper

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Good luck with that !!!

We needed experienced cover desperately, not some young inexperienced whippersnapper
    We had comfortably the oldest squad in the league last season - half of them over 30 and approaching the end of their contracts - we've seen with Sol Bamba how quickly player performance can drop off a cliff post 30 - he was probably our best player not too long ago. Now he's just eating up a section of the wage bill.
    Signing Gunter would just be building up more problems for next summer

That is the second player who is going to miss extended time this season after being rushed back from injury.

His decisions to rush Bennett and JOT back in have been a bit odd, considering he's rotated so much. I'd like to see Bacuna back in the middle but that won't be possible for most of 2020 now!

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fran...spieler/370691

How about this guy

Scratch that he's out injured until January

Scratch that he's out injured until January
    Perfect for us then

Bacona is obviously his back up right back, he has played there in the Premier League for Villa and Reading so why is everyone panicking,Nelson also looks comfortable at right back! Injuries happen, we can no longer afford to have reserves sitting in the stand like Warnock had costing us a fortune?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Bacona is obviously his back up right back, he has played there in the Premier League for Villa and Reading so why is everyone panicking,Nelson also looks comfortable at right back! Injuries happen, we can no longer afford to have reserves sitting in the stand like Warnock had costing us a fortune?
    If you have Bacuna at RB then you have the erratic moments closer to your goal and rely too heavily on Pack (slow) and Vaulks (has been poor this year, potentially a lower half-championship player only) in midfield. That's not going to help move the ball quicker at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Is that lilke Bacuna, only a bit rasher ?

A case of lean back when he shoots

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    A case of lean back when he shoots
    Yeah he makes a pig's ear of it alright

After thinking about your post a little more i think when they let crowds back we could have him back selling 50/50 tickets outside before games i'm sure many will fall for his bullshit and spin and buy some