+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: CARDIFF CITY v BLACKBURN ROVERS. Match thread

Neat and tidy, massively helped by Blackburn being sloppy and happy to sit in. Probably because they know we have nothing upfront.

It looks all neater but it's the usual home performance and the reason we are where we are.

Commentators almost celebrating a dire 1 nil home loss against Blackburn. I know it has been dark at times this season but come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Neat and tidy, massively helped by Blackburn being sloppy and happy to sit in. Probably because they know we have nothing upfront.

It looks all neater but it's the usual home performance and the reason we are where we are.

Commentators almost celebrating a dire 1 nil home loss against Blackburn. I know it has been dark at times this season but come on.
    I decided I couldn't watch another game in an empty stadium so opted for the commentary instead. Had to switch it off after about 50 mins as I couldn't stand the mash-up of hyperbole and sycophancy. They were shocking! No analysis. Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

I haven't seen many games this season as I only have the audio commentary on Cardiff City TV, but I did see it today thanks to the link to the stream service. Hence I was shocked to hear the almost euphoric comments from the commentators about the performance as being a great improvement and how much better City were than Blackburn. If that's the case, I dread to think what previous games must have looked like! In what way were City better....totally useless in the final third, sloppy passing, and poor defending for the goal? Even set pieces, supposedly our main weapon, were wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I haven't seen many games this season as I only have the audio commentary on Cardiff City TV, but I did see it today thanks to the link to the stream service. Hence I was shocked to hear the almost euphoric comments from the commentators about the performance as being a great improvement and how much better City were than Blackburn. If that's the case, I dread to think what previous games must have looked like! In what way were City better....totally useless in the final third, sloppy passing, and poor defending for the goal? Even set pieces, supposedly our main weapon, were wasted.
    For a few years we've been a side of few passes in midfield, and little possession. We now seem to be a side that has plenty of possession , particularly in the middle of the pitch. To some, it looks like a major improvement from McCarthy and Harris, but results tell a different tale.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    For a few years we've been a side of few passes in midfield, and little possession. We now seem to be a side that has plenty of possession , particularly in the middle of the pitch. To some, it looks like a major improvement from McCarthy and Harris, but results tell a different tale.
    Yes it is not how much possession you have but how you use it.