+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: COVENTRY CITY 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: COVENTRY CITY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Why would we get bellamy?
    Because he knows the club and players well and I don’t trust the board to make any educated appointment

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Because he knows the club and players well and I don’t trust the board to make any educated appointment
    "knows the club" is one of the most damaging phrases in UK football.

It should have basically no bearing compared to finding someone actually qualified to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    "knows the club" is one of the most damaging phrases in UK football.

It should have basically no bearing compared to finding someone actually qualified to do the job.
    Ok let’s let Mehmet bring in someone qualified for the job

Ok let’s let Mehmet bring in someone qualified for the job
    yes, please do.

Bellamy left this club under a dark cloud which is still much too recent for him to return as a manager.

If Harris has reached the end of his time here, I'd still give him the next two games to turn things around, then we need to make a much smarter decision about who to bring in than we have for most of the past 10 years. We have had lots of good managers but majority have been near opposites to what had come before, other teams have built a club whereas we build a team for one or two years, and two most successful managers left us in a right mess. Warnock brought grit and togetherness, Harris has tried to engage with a more balanced approach and much greater focus on future of the club - these qualities should be sought in next manager, if now is the time to start looking.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Bellamy left this club under a dark cloud which is still much too recent for him to return as a manager.

If Harris has reached the end of his time here, I'd still give him the next two games to turn things around, then we need to make a much smarter decision about who to bring in than we have for most of the past 10 years. We have had lots of good managers but majority have been near opposites to what had come before, other teams have built a club whereas we build a team for one or two years, and two most successful managers left us in a right mess. Warnock brought grit and togetherness, Harris has tried to engage with a more balanced approach and much greater focus on future of the club - these qualities should be sought in next manager, if now is the time to start looking.
    So we have had Warnock, Warnock junior and now you want anotherWarnock type of manager ?
    We need a much better football brain at the head, who can develop a longer serving style. Our current style is division 1 or 2

So we have had Warnock, Warnock junior and now you want anotherWarnock type of manager ?
    We need a much better football brain at the head, who can develop a longer serving style. Our current style is division 1 or 2
    I don't think we can jump from a squad brought in by Warnock and asked to play risk-free football to a manager who wants to immediately play football where attack trumps defensive responsibility. If we're ready to have that manager now then Harris should be commended for doing the graft to get us from point A to (ish) point B.