+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Evaluation of Warnock's Signings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Evaluation of Warnock's Signings

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    NML, Etheridge, Hoilett and Bamba were the best because they cost nothing. Paterson can be classed as a success at £425,000 for what he has done in the last two years. I think at our level £2m fees are the norm, some work some don't like Vaulks, Tomlin, Ward etc , none of whom can be classed as a success. However when big money is spent it's been an absolute shambles. £11m on Murphy, £10m on reid (although we will get it back). Both good players but not shown consistency under Warnock. Madine and Glatzel are absolutely terrible for £11.5, £4m on Cunningham who payed 7 league games, £3.5m on Smithies to sit on the bench?

Last season's loan signings didn't really work out , we probably paid loan fees and high wages for them. Niasse was Ok but didn't score, Camarasa was the best, and top scorer, but often didn't play, Arter was bang average, no goals , no assists and missed almost half the season. But because they were loans we don't still have them on big wages and long contracts so it was a good ploy.

I think Pack is OK, Flint is nowhere near worth the £4m we paid (We won't pay the extra £2m because we won't go up), Day cost nothing but we trebled his wages to be 3rd choice 'keeper. Why6te fails to impress,. as does Vaulks at £2m each, and Glatzel has been poor for £5.5m./

The problem is we can't unload any of these because they are on contract, and if we could no other team is going to pay anywhere near the fees we paid for them.

Whoever come sin as boss has now got to do what Slade had to do, get rid of a lot, and rebuild. This should not have to happen so a toal mess up on the transfer front.

At leats a number of them are out of contract at the end of the season dn will free up some of the budget for wages next season. Tomlin, Bogle, Richards, Connolly, Ward, Bamba etc.
    The agreement with Fulham is that Reid is on loan for the season and can be signed for£10m.
    He is not playing and has not even made the bench for most of this seasons games.
    Believe me he will be sent back.
    We will be lucky to move him on for £3-3.5m

Re: Evaluation of Warnock's Signings

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    The agreement with Fulham is that Reid is on loan for the season and can be signed for£10m.
    He is not playing and has not even made the bench for most of this seasons games.
    Believe me he will be sent back.
    We will be lucky to move him on for £3-3.5m
    What are you talking about? He's started for them 8 times this season and made another 6 appearances as a substitute.