Thread: The Open

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The Open

The LIV players don't seem to be playing well at the majors

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    The LIV players don't seem to be playing well at the majors
    Spoke too soon. Dustin co-leading and a few other LIVs going well.

The old course taking a hammering. Over 60 players under par after two rounds. Nowadays there's very little happening off the greens. With the march of club and ball technology it's becoming a glorified putting competition. Still, it suits the American audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The old course taking a hammering. Over 60 players under par after two rounds. Nowadays there's very little happening off the greens. With the march of club and ball technology it's becoming a glorified putting competition. Still, it suits the American audiences.
    I agree, I've barely bothered with it over the last two days - the big hitters can now just whack the ball past the defences links courses had in place to make them a fair contest for all and St Andrews suffers the most out of all of the courses on the Open roster if there is not a decent strength wind blowing to make it the sort of test you'd expect for one of golf's majors.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree, I've barely bothered with it over the last two days - the big hitters can now just whack the ball past the defences links courses had in place to make them a fair contest for all and St Andrews suffers the most out of all of the courses on the Open roster if there is not a decent strength wind blowing to make it the sort of test you'd expect for one of golf's majors.
    watching players reach the 18th green off the tee said it all, lost its appeal somewhat.