+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff Parks Football

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff Parks Football

The rise of five a side football may have contributed. I used to referee at Gol and there'd be at least 4 games a night on each pitch

It makes sense to go for 5 a side. Why join an 11 a side team when you can get a few mates together and play as your own team? Highly unlikely the game will get called off compared to parks football and it takes up less of your time

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The rise of five a side football may have contributed. I used to referee at Gol and there'd be at least 4 games a night on each pitch

It makes sense to go for 5 a side. Why join an 11 a side team when you can get a few mates together and play as your own team? Highly unlikely the game will get called off compared to parks football and it takes up less of your time
    True, the Gôl type centres have taken off big time, I s’pose it’s a sort of quick fix football under lights that enables players to work more hours or do other things with their free time

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

That is a good point although Sunday league football is still very vibrant even where I live in Surrey which is hardly a footballing hotbed.

(I remember playing for SWEB a few times when I was still in school, on Roath Park Rec)