+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Well done Joe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Well done Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    there are just over 153 million registered voters in the US - 168 million, actually.

a turnout of 67% was recorded during the 2020 election - the "turnout" is how percentage of the entire population (252 million) voted in the election (not the percentage of registered voters).

The maths show that Joe Biden won the election by a landslide. Get over it.
    I had difficulty understanding the previous poster's statistics. The current population of the US is approx. 332 million. If his figures were right it would suggest over half the population of the country are minors!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I had difficulty understanding the previous poster's statistics. The current population of the US is approx. 332 million. If his figures were right it would suggest over half the population of the country are minors!
    Oh dear. I've realised that I've made a couple of errors in my post. It should have said "the percentage" instead of "how percentage" and "adult population" (i.e. those who are eligible to vote) instead of just "population".

I got the figures from the US Census https://www.census.gov/data/tables/t...n/p20-585.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    It confuses me too.

If you see 75 + 81 = more than the number of voters, then there's only two explanations:

1. Despite it being the most scrutinised and talked about election in all of history, nobody spotted a basic mathematical discrepancy for over a year.

2. The figures are wrong.

Why anyone would plough ahead with number 1 without even pausing to check number 2 is beyond me!